Honored Contributor

TRIPLE FEATURE ROMANCE OVERSEAS THURSDAY 1:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

1:30 p.m. Eastern-   "The Rains Came"  George Brent, Myrna Loy, Tyrone Power

3:15 p.m. Eastern-  "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness"  Ingrid Bergman, Curt Jurgens, Robert Donat

6:00 p.m. Eastern-  "Mogambo"  Clark Gable, Ava Gardner, Grace Kelly

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TRIPLE FEATURE ROMANCE OVERSEAS THURSDAY 1:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I have never seen the Rains,  but have seen  Inn and Mogambo. Both are very good.  I think Inn is a true story.  Gable, Gardner and  Kelly were great in Mogambo.

Honored Contributor

You're right, @twinsister!   "...Rains" was later remade as "The Rains of Ranchipur", which you might have seen-- the one with Lana Turner...   Both versions good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Yes, I have seen Rains of Ranchipur and it was good.   I always get that confused with Elephant Walk with Liz Taylor.  Haven't seen Elephant in years.

Respected Contributor

As always, thanks for the heads up.
Honored Contributor

Once again, Oznell, I so appreciate your reminders of upcoming movies. I will definitely be watching The Inn of the Sixth Happiness. Just to watch Robert Donat for all of 5 minutes. 

I had gone to the TCM website and had reminders for all the movies in February that I wanted to watch. Unfortunately, all the reminders are going into my spam folder. So I have been missing movies that I was interested in watching. Will have to remember to check my spam folder.

But I am so glad that you are here and writing reminders.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

How could you forget Sayonara????  faint.gif

Starring:  Marlon Brando, James Garner & Red Buttons

11:00a EST

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Ha, @Mz iMac --   how about "Romance Quadruple Feature"?

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Once again, Oznell, I so appreciate your reminders of upcoming movies. I will definitely be watching The Inn of the Sixth Happiness. Just to watch Robert Donat for all of 5 minutes. 

I had gone to the TCM website and had reminders for all the movies in February that I wanted to watch. Unfortunately, all the reminders are going into my spam folder. So I have been missing movies that I was interested in watching. Will have to remember to check my spam folder.

But I am so glad that you are here and writing reminders.

---

I agree about Robert Donat. I love him. Unfortunately, he didn't make many Hollywood movies. He suffered from severe asthma and did not like to travel far from home. I wonder if the air quality in Hollywood was particularly troublesome for him. 

I remember reading that William Powell was very concerned about what he considered the deadly air pollution in that part of California at the time; he stated it as a major reason for his move to Palm Springs.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

You're right, @twinsister!   "...Rains" was later remade as "The Rains of Ranchipur", which you might have seen-- the one with Lana Turner...   Both versions good.

---

Mogambo was a remake of the pre-code movie Red Dust (1932), which had also been a play.

Funny that Gable played the same role thirty years apart in both movies. I like both movies, maybe Red Dust a little more because of Jean Harlow and a younger Gable.