Honored Contributor

TOP PERRY MASON EPISODE TUESDAY 11:30 P.M. EASTERN METV

MV5BZTZlNzI5YTMtZTkzOC00OTlmLWE2YzctNzU5MTYxYWMzOGUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDg0Nzc@._V1_.jpg

Perry Mason fans, do you have an all-time favorite episode?   This one has GOT to be in my top 5.  

Has a jazz musician backdrop, runaway bride, apparent love triangle (at least 2 of them, in fact), hunky James Drury from "The Virginian" as a jazz pianist and ardent groom, AND, has hip Bobby Troup playing bongos, and svelte Constance Towers belting out "The Man I Love",  among other treats...

PerryMasonCaseoftheMissingMelody.jpg

11:30 p.m. Eastern METV--   "The Case of the Missing Melody"

13846.jpg

Perry and Della are attending the wedding of the daughter (Jo Morrow) of an old friend of Perry's, a grumpy Social Register type (Crahan Denton).   The ceremony erupts when the daughter spots someone in the pews, and abandons the wedding, running out and crying.

Her jazz musician intended (James Drury), is dumbfounded and crushed, and enlists Perry in his quest to find out just what turned her against him....

index.jpg

I wonder if attending the wedding together gave Della any ideas?   I always like that in the show, they leave their actual relationship mostly ambiguous.   Still, there's that little spark, that suggests more than friendship, no?

51ff2564580c54b54463fb6756589977--detective-series-raymond-burr.jpg

This one is such a winner.   Any Perry fans have any favorite episodes? 

Respected Contributor

Re: TOP PERRY MASON EPISODE TUESDAY 11:30 P.M. EASTERN METV

I do not get MeTV, but do get Sundance.  Perry Mason is on overnight on Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

They usually show 4 episodes each night and I DVR them. I just love this show!  I have 12 episodes just waiting to be watched.

I do not have a favorite episode yet.  I have enjoyed each episode I have watched. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Thanks for the tip!!! I can watch this episode before "Columbo" is on....Columbo is on Sundance Tues and Wed early AM ( 1-530am) and I watch when I can't sleep ( most nights!!!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these old TV shows!! Besides the story lines, I like the old cars, dress, and culture differences....

Thanks!

I guess I wanna go back. Can't but want to. At least in the middle of the night I can have peace and quiet and enjoy these old shows!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell @4kitties @Othereeeen 

I haven't met a Perry Mason (or a Colombo) episode I didn't like.  I'm fortunate to get both METV and Sundance so lots of choices.  Add in TCM and TV life is good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - It sounds good, so I may watch this tonight.  I remember watching PM with my parents as a kid and The Virgininian.  James Drury was so handsome.  I almost didn't recognize Bobby Troup from the picture you posted.  I liked the PM movies made for TV in the 1980's.  You are right - could never figure out what, if anything was going on with Perry and Della!

This is funny because I recently saw an episode of Hawaii Five O (the remake) with the same storyline.  Bride walking down the aisle, spots someone in the pews and takes off running and the groom doesn't know why.  

Thanks for the alert.

Honored Contributor

Oznell - WELL! WELL! WELL!

I have seen Bobby Troup on the show "Tattletales" several times. Did not have a clue who he was. I never watched Emergency! or any other show he was in (that I know of).

So now I will get to see him in something other that a game show. Will set the timer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gotta love MeTV and TCM. I agree, those are my staples in this day and time. I am usually up late reading and Perry Mason is a must for me. I just watched "Pitfall" That i had taped and seen before,  yesterday (TCM) that i had taped...D**k (short for Richard) Powell, Raymond Burr, Jane Wyman, and Lizabeth Scott (1948 film noir) and boy, did Raymond Burr play a bad boy in that one! (Q would not allow the short name for Richard....go figure).

TV now on normal American programming just does not appeal to me. Give me PBS Masterpiece Theatre along with MeTV and TCM any time. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Why didn't they put Julie London in as the singer?? The icing on the cake. I knew him as soon as I saw him. Will be watching.

Trusted Contributor

Here Here

I love Perry Mason.  I get MeTV and AntennaTV but not TCM or Sundance.

I do not watch any other regular tv other than the occasional PBS program.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Perry Mason and have both Sundance and MeTV.

I like the episodes with Hamilton Berger and Lt Tragg in them the best!