Trusted Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF RETURNS TONIGHT ON BRAVO 12/6/`8

@SWEET I also just read about Fatima. May she Rest In Peace. She was so young.  

I do think the blue team missed the mark on the party. I think Eddie over thinks things a lot. I know because I do the same thing. It just adds more stress to it. He did not even want to pick a team. 

I loved seeing the house boats  boats I would love to take a vacation on one. 

Tom posted that he was teaching a pasta class at his restaurant in NY. I was online just a few minutes after his post. I went to buy a ticket and it was sold out. I hope he does another one.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that about Fatima. I liked her. This week's LCK was pretty good. The two chefs took some nice jabs at one another.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

i am frustrated that brother chose to walk away from last chance kitchen.

it is his choice, but hard to believe someone gave up that opportunity to go all the way.

i guess he wasnt hungry enough......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am frustrated that brother chose to walk away from last chance kitchen.

it is his choice, but hard to believe someone gave up that opportunity to go all the way.

i guess he wasnt hungry enough......

@sunshine45  I guess once was enough.  

Honored Contributor

I can understand Brother's frustration, but he was his own worst enemy both times. When they say "This is the challenge" you really should pay attention and follow the challenge. He didn't. He made good to great food, but if the challenge is to see who can make the best hot dog and you cook spaghetti, well, no matter how good your spaghetti is, you're not going to win because it's a contest to see who makes the best hot dog. Somehow Brother never quite figured that out. He'd fight his way through LCK, only to get back on the big show and then completely ignore what the challenge was and get the boot again. I'm guessing that after the show he sat there and thought "What was I thinking?" but in the competition, he just doesn't follow the guidelines. Now, you can stretch the guidelines a tad and sometimes stay alive, but you can't completely ignore them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Last night's Top Chef was a little unnerving for me as two of my favorites were in the bottom three, but fortunately, both survived. It seemed like half the chefs over-salted everything in this week's episode, which is kind of weird. It seems you either under-season food and it's too bland, or over-season it and it's too salty. Finding that middle ground is elusive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman, I thought that too.  Usually the judges complain that things are underseasoned.

I wasn't unhappy with who went home and I am glad they had a tribute moment for Fatima at the end of the show.  She was so young.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli

Yeah, finding that middle ground the judges want is very challenging. I'm not sure I wouldn't just cook it bland then include a salt shaker for them to use as desired. It probably wouldn't go over well with the judges though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman--haha!  I've often thought that -[- why don't they have a salt shaker and add to taste!  But I guess that is highly offensive to a chef.  Whatever.  I'd rather add my own if there isn't enough than have something too salty.

Honored Contributor

If you eat at Craft Steak (one of Tom's restaurants) there are no salt/pepper shakers on the table.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN