Respected Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF BRAVO 2018/2019 SEASON 16

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I don't agree with who went home because I don't understand how you can put a dry, greasy thing on a plate and be safe.

My thoughts exactly.  Such a bad move.  Didn't realize that they are having another LCK.

Spoiler
I heard that Brother stepped down.  I wonder if it was because of the nastiness of the other contestants.

I'm really sorry that

Spoiler
Brother

was treated the way he was by the other chefs.  I've lost respect for a lot of them especially Kelsey.  So immature.  

Honored Contributor

Two restaurant wars would be interesting. They could learn from what went wrong the first time and hopefully show improvement the second time around.

I think the fact that the loser veered from the challenge (again) is more what got him eliminated. The guy with the dry/greasy sausage and gnocchi tried to stay within the challenge, but got way, way behind timewise and had to make do. Deep frying gnocchi in old oil is not ideal, but it's better than serving it raw (I guess) or not serving a dish at all. He was just trying to do too much in too little time and it caught up to him. I was impressed that the one guy could shuck and prep the oysters in that time period. I thought he might be in trouble.

Kelsey is getting better and better each week and might end up a competitor for the top spot. I'm not sure I've ever seen a chef as unsure of himself as Eddie is. He seems absolutely stunned everytime he's in the top three. I love watching his expressions. It's like he can't believe they liked his food. Most chefs are stunned to find themselves in the bottom three, but Eddie is more surprised when people like his food. Sara seems to reining in her "I'm from Kentucky and I know everything" attitude just a bit. Brandon seems to have  become just one of the chefs now and dropped his earlier God of cooking attitude. I figured I'd hate him all season, but he's just blending in now. (I still don't like Sara though.) All in all it's a pretty good season so far.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the idea of a second RW.  

LCK

Spoiler
Spoiler
Brother decided not to do it.  I don't think it was because of the other chefs, I think he was just super tired when he made the decision and a bit bummed that he got kicked off again for the same ****** thing.

I think we'll see him again in an All Stars or whatever.  He's a fan favorite.

LCK was good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Two restaurant wars would be interesting. They could learn from what went wrong the first time and hopefully show improvement the second time around.

I think the fact that the loser veered from the challenge (again) is more what got him eliminated. The guy with the dry/greasy sausage and gnocchi tried to stay within the challenge, but got way, way behind timewise and had to make do. Deep frying gnocchi in old oil is not ideal, but it's better than serving it raw (I guess) or not serving a dish at all. He was just trying to do too much in too little time and it caught up to him. I was impressed that the one guy could shuck and prep the oysters in that time period. I thought he might be in trouble.

Kelsey is getting better and better each week and might end up a competitor for the top spot. I'm not sure I've ever seen a chef as unsure of himself as Eddie is. He seems absolutely stunned everytime he's in the top three. I love watching his expressions. It's like he can't believe they liked his food. Most chefs are stunned to find themselves in the bottom three, but Eddie is more surprised when people like his food. Sara seems to reining in her "I'm from Kentucky and I know everything" attitude just a bit. Brandon seems to have  become just one of the chefs now and dropped his earlier God of cooking attitude. I figured I'd hate him all season, but he's just blending in now. (I still don't like Sara though.) All in all it's a pretty good season so far.

Totally agree w/you about Eddie.  He's so shocked when he wins it's funny.  As for Sara, ditto and  don't think I'll ever like her.  As for who went home, I guess that he veered out of his lane once again is better than horrible gnocci and he said it wasn't his choice but to do it that way because of the time crunch.  Good job w/the oysters and getting them done and plated. 

Trusted Contributor

I was happy to see Brother again. Then sad to see him go. He appears very humble. 

He did not meet the challenge. 

Kelsey may be a good chef, but to me she is a mean girl. 

I like Eddie. It was nice to see him in the top 3. 

I wish I could go to one of the events too. 

On a a sad note Fatima from last season is back in the hospital. 

Honored Contributor

You've got to love it. Last night's show was a beef challenge and the chef's largely out-cheffed themselves. (For lack of a better word.) They all tried to do something fancy and elaborate in very small portions, to a crowd that was hungry for beef. In several of the dishes the judges couldn't taste any beef at all. Top Chef contestants almost never play it smart. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) should be tattooed on all their foreheads before they ever enter the kitchen. Simple food prepared perfectly will get you very, very far in the competition. Instead they try to impress the judges with how they can do this, or do that, or demonstrate their techniques and unique ingredients, and they end up turning out bad food that doesn't taste good, isn't properly cooked, and starving dogs wouldn't eat.

In last night's beef challenge, a simple, well cooked hamburger or steak would have likely won, had any of them been smart enough to actually make that. It's a beef cooking challenge for God's sake! Here's a radical thought, focus on the beef in a beef cooking challenge. 

Ah well, enough of that. I was kind of liking the chef who got the boot. I was hoping one of my less favorite chefs would go instead, but they lucked out. I haven't watch LCK yet, so no comment on that.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm glad Tom said something to them because they were all in their heads last night, making pretty food.

There is no greater food crime than not making something wonderful out of that whole side of beef.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35, totally agree with you 100%.  Tom really knocked them down and they deserved it. 

I was very surprised that with all that great meat, so many chefs blew it and shocked that someone who I really dislike didn't go home.  Hint: sausage.  What a waste of meat.  And she lives on a farm.  I'd be crying too.

Sorry that the one who sent packing left.  I was just getting to like him more.

Honored Contributor

yeah......two beef tartares but NO sliders?

i wanted to see some kind of great slider!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I suspect we'll see great food coming up from all of them after this week.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN