Respected Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF RETURNS TONIGHT ON BRAVO 12/6/`8

@gardenman wrote:

Season finale tonight! But, it's on late, after the debut of the new Project Runway, which could be interesting also.

Can't wait for the new PR.  Should be interesting w/out Tim & Heidi but I do like Christian. 

Honored Contributor

I laughed when Christian and Karli went into the workroom together. He looked like a little boy alongside of her. She's like ten feet tall and he isn't. The workroom is insanely messy this year with stuff everywhere.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

i was a bit shocked at the final two.....didnt really expect that.

i will say i was kind of underwhelmed with the finale overall.....maybe even with the entire season in general. there have definitely been much stronger finishes.

also a little surprised at fan favorite.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats to Kelsey.  I was hoping that Eric would win but I'd rather her than Sara by a long shot.  Kelsey won fan favorite too?  She was a good chef but I would have preferred someone else.
I wonder where the next one will be.  I have to say that I was bored this season. 
Honored Contributor

I think Eric messed up with beef Tartare being his first course. We saw a lot of beef Tartare made this season and it has to be the best beef Tartare they've had if it's your finale dish. His wasn't. The judges said they couldn't even taste the beef. Kelsey and Sara gave the judges dishes the judges hadn't seen four or five times already so they had nothing to compare/contrast those dishes with. That was a big advantage for them.

I was happy for Kelsey. She started out a bit overwhelmed and insecure, but grew into the role of Top Chef. She'd also been leading in fan favorite every week, so she won that from beginning to end. All in all, I thought it was a pretty good season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I was surprised Eric was eliminated.  I think we'll see a lot more of him going forward.

I didn't really care about who won, but I was hoping it wouldn't be Sara.

I think Kelsey's one dish that they said was perfect was what put her over the top.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I always thought Kelsey, who I think was a favorite from the get-go, would win, but after seeing the meals prepared last night, I thought Sara would, as she had the best comments for three of her dishes, and hers were more complicated and substantial than Kelsey's.

Eric should not have listened to his helper who kept telling him to add more chile as the judges couldn't taste the meat due to so much of the chile

Trusted Contributor

After Eric was sent packing I fast forwarded right to the end. I was not a fan of either Kelsey or Sara. 

This was probably the first season I lost interest in quite a few episodes. 

I hope next season will be a little more exciting. 

Valued Contributor

I was hoping Eric would win.

SO HAPPY Sara lost - can't stand her.

NOT a fan of Kelsey, y'all!!!

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I was hoping Eric would win.

SO HAPPY Sara lost - can't stand her.

NOT a fan of Kelsey, y'all!!!

I'm with you!