Thanks for reminding me to watch LCK.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF RETURNS TONIGHT ON BRAVO 12/6/`8

@SWEET wrote:

I called it right on LCK!!

In the first LCK, how can you not make a biscuit in forty minutes? Mine take twelve minutes to bake and maybe ten minutes to prep. It's not that hard to make biscuits, yet these chefs couldn't get theirs cooked in time? I don't understand how they had so much trouble with that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

They sure did focus on the chef with the lamb dish from the black team. 

I wish they would have shown how the red team had enough money to also

buy lamb and everything all the chefs needed. 

I have to say the chef from KY was so annoying during the menu planning. I’m so glad 

someone told her to pick one and do it. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that KY chef felt she had the best version of everything suggested. It was really annoying most of those on her team. I felt sorry for the woman who lost. Making a lemon dessert for forty-eight people with just three lemons, is kind of a huge challenge. The guy with the really expensive lamb just killed his whole team. He got what he needed, but no one else did. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Yeah, that KY chef felt she had the best version of everything suggested. It was really annoying most of those on her team. I felt sorry for the woman who lost. Making a lemon dessert for forty-eight people with just three lemons, is kind of a huge challenge. The guy with the really expensive lamb just killed his whole team. He got what he needed, but no one else did. 

I don't even like the chef from KY.  She thinks she knows it all because she's from KY.

I felt bad for the woman who lost also.  Still getting names straight. 

Trusted Contributor

Restaurant Wars is bringing out peoples true colors.

Sarah from KY is my least favorite. I will not miss her if she is one of the two elimaniated next week.

She can take Kelsey with her as well. Also the one who wrote the service manual.

I wonder if all 3 teams will be in the bottom. They are all having struggles. The design team setting up slowly was not exactly helping with the front of the house operations.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

He took a third of the budget for his lamb - but the rest of them should have opened their mouths to complain about not being able to make what they had planned on.

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Restaurant Wars is bringing out peoples true colors.

Sarah from KY is my least favorite. I will not miss her if she is one of the two elimaniated next week.

She can take Kelsey with her as well. Also the one who wrote the service manual.

I wonder if all 3 teams will be in the bottom. They are all having struggles. The design team setting up slowly was not exactly helping with the front of the house operations.

I didn't like Sara and she has an attitude like I know everything.  I put that in my other posts too.  I don't mind Kelsey but Nini is getting on my nerves.  She's another one who thinks she knows it all.  She's only doing a dessert and it seems like she can't handle it.  It's Brian that did the service manual. 

The service staff all looked shocked to be there.  One of the teams staff had no experience at all or hardly any.  I think 2 of them did.  Aren't they all supposed to be experienced? 

Should be interesting next week with more drama to come. 

Honored Contributor

Mini/Nini (I'm not sure of her name just yet) really seems to be killing her team in the first half of restaurant wars. She largely abandoned training/prepping her front of house staff and Kelsey tried to jump in to help, but that hurts the rest of that team. Part two should be interesting. I don't think any of the teams look like they'll come out unscathed, and with a double eviction, yikes! Bad timing to have an off week.

The God of cooking guy, Brandon (I think) seems to be getting his ego more in check which may help him. He started out way too cocky and arrogant, but seems to be settling in a bit more now. The guy who wrote the front of house handbook then had each server read a paragraph to the other servers doesn't understand the "Kiss" (keep it simple stupid) concept. That's really what you need to do to survive restaurant wars. Keep it simple. Make good food and don't overwhelm your staff with a fifty page manual on how to serve. Have your servers be attentive to the customers, smile, be friendly, know their assigned tables, and write clear orders. Have your chefs preparing dishes they can do in their sleep so they don't get overwhelmed. Keep it simple. Make good food, get it to the right place at the right time, keep everyone happy, and you're likely to win. It's really as simple as that. More often than not the chefs let their ego write checks they can't cash, and things go very, very wrong. How many times have we seen them try to cook something in minutes that takes hours, only to fail badly? In restaurant wars, you're there for one night and one night only. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, just serve good food in a timely, friendly, fashion and you'll be fine.The

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF RETURNS TONIGHT ON BRAVO 12/6/18

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Mini/Nini (I'm not sure of her name just yet) really seems to be killing her team in the first half of restaurant wars. She largely abandoned training/prepping her front of house staff and Kelsey tried to jump in to help, but that hurts the rest of that team. Part two should be interesting. I don't think any of the teams look like they'll come out unscathed, and with a double eviction, yikes! Bad timing to have an off week.

The God of cooking guy, Brandon (I think) seems to be getting his ego more in check which may help him. He started out way too cocky and arrogant, but seems to be settling in a bit more now. The guy who wrote the front of house handbook then had each server read a paragraph to the other servers doesn't understand the "Kiss" (keep it simple stupid) concept. That's really what you need to do to survive restaurant wars. Keep it simple. Make good food and don't overwhelm your staff with a fifty page manual on how to serve. Have your servers be attentive to the customers, smile, be friendly, know their assigned tables, and write clear orders. Have your chefs preparing dishes they can do in their sleep so they don't get overwhelmed. Keep it simple. Make good food, get it to the right place at the right time, keep everyone happy, and you're likely to win. It's really as simple as that. More often than not the chefs let their ego write checks they can't cash, and things go very, very wrong. How many times have we seen them try to cook something in minutes that takes hours, only to fail badly? In restaurant wars, you're there for one night and one night only. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, just serve good food in a timely, friendly, fashion and you'll be fine.The

LOL re Nini.  She has a mouth on her.  She has won a lot so far and she knows it. 

Brandon was cocky at first but he's getting better.  Their egos are never in check and I love the quote I heard somewhere "leave your egos at the door" and this is what it should be like with chefs, celebs and everyone else. 

Tom has always said to make good food and keep it simple. 

That manual was huge and he wanted it read out loud?  LOL. 

Should be interesting w/2 chefs being eliminated.