Respected Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF HOUSTON 2022 SEASON 19

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:
The chefs meet Brooke Williamson at Houston's J-Bar-M, where she tasks them with putting their own spin on a brisket dish for some of the best BBQ pitmasters in Houston and their guest judge, pitmaster Greg Gatlin.

Air date: March 31, 2022, 8pm et

@sunshine45 

Does Brooke have to be in almost every episode?  I never liked her in her season and all the other shows I've seen her judge on.  She's way too overexposed especially on this show. I know other judges show up a lot too.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:
The chefs meet Brooke Williamson at Houston's J-Bar-M, where she tasks them with putting their own spin on a brisket dish for some of the best BBQ pitmasters in Houston and their guest judge, pitmaster Greg Gatlin.

Air date: March 31, 2022, 8pm et

@sunshine45 

Does Brooke have to be in almost every episode?  I never liked her in her season and all the other shows I've seen her judge on.  She's way too overexposed especially on this show. I know other judges show up a lot too.

And now she's also all over The Food Network too.

Honored Contributor

I have always thought that they gave Brooke the win when she returned in another season, because she lost in her first, i.e., a judge favorite.

Trusted Contributor

I thought last weeks episode was really good. I would have had no idea how to make two dishes that look alike but tastes different. I think they all did well. 

I am not really a fan of BBQ so I did not have much interest. And then there is Brooke again. I do not find her to be an interesting judge. JMO she has no personality. I am sure she is a good chef. My least favorite Top Chef contestant and winner. There are many others who could be judges. I hope this was her last visit this season. 

I like all of the contestants this season. Really great looking dishes have been put up.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

S19 - E6

Texas Trailblaze-hers

All-stars Nini Nguyen and Kelsey Barnard-Clark present the chefs with a Talenti twist for this Quickfire Challenge. Working in pairs, they must create salty-sweet desserts that will inspire a new flavor of Talenti gelato. In the Elimination Challenge, the chefs must draw inspiration from the lives of some of Texas’s most influential women in order to impress a table of trailblazers, including Cecille Richards, Suzette Quintanill and Sheryl Swoopes as well as guest judges Christine Ha and Tiffany Derry.

Aired: 04/07/2022
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

5/12/2022

8pm et.....supersized episode

episode 11

The chefs head to the Gulf of Mexico in Galveston, TX; chef Shota Nakajima is here to present them with their next quickfire challenge using the freshest gulf shellfish to create a seafood tower with one hot and one cold dish.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

for those fans of TOP CHEF.....season 20 will be going global! for the first time ever the entire season will be shot entirely internationally.

let the location guessing begin......

my guess is france, but that may be a little too obvious.

Trusted Contributor

The last two episodes have been really good. The episode with them cooking for their family was good. They all were so excited to see their families. I think Ashley was the right one to go. When Padma spits her food out you know it is bad. 

The one thing that to me it seemed like Buddha's wife was audtioning for next season of Top Chef. JMO 

I do not know a lot about Sarah as I do not watch LCK. I have to say I find her annoying. Perhaps because my favorites were all inching towards the finale. She did impress the judges with her 2 fish courses so what do I know. 

I was sad to see Nick go. 2 weeks in a row I found myself tearing up with Damarr. I am not sure he can be Buddah or Evelyn but he is my favorite.