Honored Contributor

Re: TOM LESTER OF "GREEN ACRES"

Oh, I love wonderful Eddie Albert too, @MoJoV !  

And on a more frivolous level, thank you for mentioning Arnold the pig.  He had so many varied interests, including coming to watch TV in Eva and Eddie's tumbledown farmhouse.  A cutie with a real personality!  (I wonder if he had his own dressing room on the show...)

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Green Acres and Beverly Hillbillies on MeTV among many other great shows from the past.  Green Acres was a unique idea and worked!  The cast played off of each other and  everyone was fun and enjoyable and most importantly made us laugh!

Rest in peace Tom Lester and thanks for the laughs as they continue on MeTV.

Honored Contributor

Probably the most favorite comedy of all time, after Lucille Ball of course.

What a wonderful cast of characters,  I remember Ralph & Alf Monroe, I think they were in the repair business but never fixed anything.

Eb was clever, he was a great foil to Oliver.

Honored Contributor

Let's not forget Mr Haney. Pat Buttrum was a wonderful character actor. 

And of course we need to remember the Ziffel's and their beloved,  Arnold. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww, I love the show and the character of Eb.   We own a farm and I don't know how many times over the decades we have said,  If Eb was here, he could handle this.  Smiley Wink

Whenever I plant my flower seeds each Spring, I tell my husband I am waiting for the little green sprouts to come shoosting out of the ground.  I, do not however, feed chickens in my peignoir.

Remember when Oliver ( Douglas, Oliver Wendall Douglas)... used to climb the pole when Lisa had to plug in more than one appliance?   We had an old Victorian house like that once,  if a person wanted to make toast, they had to tell somebody else to unplug a lamp or turn off the iron.....

May he rest in peace. 

Respected Contributor

Aw, another piece of childhood gone.  May he Rest In Peace.

I still watch the reruns...as others have said, just good, clean fun.  Some shows don't "age" well, but this one is still witty and very watcheable.

Whenever I have a pancake disaster (which is most times I try to make them!) I think of Lisa Douglas and her "hotcakes" !