Honored Contributor

Re: TOM JONES....he's still got it!!!!

Tonight he did With These Hands.  I had never heard that song before.  He recorded it in 1965.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this.  I remember watching him with my grandma and aunts.  I would've been 7-8 years old.  They loved him.  After googling his old show I can see why.  He had the voice and the moves. Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the memories! I’ll be sixty later this year and I Love him then and I love him now. Amazing and powerful voice. Saw him in Oct 2016 in SF at the Masonic Center, I wanted to run up on stage. LOL. Favorite song is I’ll never fall in love again. 1967..... Stay golden https://youtu.be/5vMx63ZCd88
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

TOM JONES.....he's still got it!

his voice is still great at 80!

i have listened to this three times already tonight. Smiley Wink

#TheVoiceUK

Sir Tom Jones' 'Cry To Me' | Blind Auditions | The Voice UK 2021

Thank you so much.  This was delightful.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a lift you've given with your post on Tom Jones, @sunshine45 !   You sent me on a youtube bender of Tom Jones performances.

I love him with other performers--  he has such a natural warmth, and a magnanimity, with other singers.  He had incredible people guesting on his TV show in the late Sixties and Seventies.

My favorites were with the young Stevie Wonder, and with Wilson Pickett, and with reservations, Janis Joplin.

With Stevie Wonder and Wilson Pickett, their explosive talents just almost make you want to levitate.  Tom and Janis are a great combo also, but -- with respect, since I loved Janis Joplin--  I could be wrong, but think there is a certain "stoned" quality to her performance in this instance, which keeps her from being her absolute best with him. 

Here's the young Tom Jones hosting Stevie Wonder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Cl4xuFCJg

And Wilson Pickett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcksrDIxizI

Thanks for such a pick-me-up thread,  @sunshine45 !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

does he still have hair? how much?

ETA: I just took a look and OMG he looks like an old man...which he is. Looks like he's had work done too. Remember how Kenny Rodgers looked like after his facelift? That's how Tom Jones looks--it's in the shape of his eyes.

Respected Contributor

He did a FABULOUS job with that song!  What a performer!!

Thanks for the link!