Honored Contributor

Re: TOM JONES....he's still got it!!!!

I saw him singing on another show last year. He definitely still has the voice which is a natural talent. It's always great listening to him. I do recall women swooning over him back in the day. Fun memories.

Respected Contributor

Tom Jones has taken very good care of his instrument over the years.  Too bad Paul McCartney has not.  His singing voice is terrible now. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Tom Jones and he does still have it!!  I was a teenager when his show was on in the 1960's and always watched.

I saw his show a few times in Las Vegas and he was great.  My friend was in his fan club and one time we had front row seats  Wow - that was a treat- LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Even as a six year old that man had me glued to his program thinking "one day." 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I saw him at the Greek Theatre in LA about 3 or 4 years ago.  

He put on an awesome show.  Looked good in person, we were in the 11th row center and could see him perfectly.

Although not a *pop music* kind of person, loved rock growing up, I always like his songs.  So it was kind of a bucket list thing for me.

Ironically, we sat next to George Thorogood, his lady and I guess his bodyguard, unless he has a HUGE unfriendly friend.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Voice UK posts a lot of clips from the shows, so I can follow along.  Haven't been able to watch the whole show.

The seasons with Tom and Jennifer Hudson are great.  They sing very well together.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I Googled him to see what he looks like now and, just wow!  He looks great.  Good for him.  I didn't realize he was that old either.

As I was looking around I saw that his wife, of many decades, had died and either I didn't realize that or I had just forgotten (probably that, as my memory doesn't work anymore).   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

He's still great.  I've watched quite a few of the Voice UK videos with him singing.  I saw him in concert many years ago.  Thank you for posting this @sunshine45 .

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

How fun to see and hear Tom J.  

He really looks great for 80...face is not all that lined.  Voice is still strong and clear.  

Lots of sparks still flying and that glint in his eyes.

Happy memories of my youth.

Thanks for posting!

Super Contributor

He sure has a set of pipes!!!!!!! 

I can't believe he's 80.  Sounds just as good now as he did in his prime.

This is what talent looks like!  '

Really enjoyed listening--thanks for posting.