Honored Contributor

Re: TO COMCAST/ INFINITY Cable SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

What a nerve they have, mine went up $7 at the same time they took away TCM, so they give me less service and raise me at the same time, been with them 37 years. The only thing I really like about my plan is that it includes free Netflix. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mine went up exactly $6.60, beginning with my March bill.  

Honored Contributor

With Comcast, I think it just depends where you live and what the offers are for new subscribers. I moved from the west coast to the east coast. I had to sign up as a new customer, since I was in a new region for them. For about the same total fees, I got the same cable and internet as at my last location, but also got Netflix.  

their plans change all the time and you do have to play the game to get the best deal for you 

Honored Contributor

Comcast's fees are ridiculous - just a way for them to raise revenues outside of contract pricing.  I currently have Comcast but recently got a quote from Verizon FIOS.  Verizon has taxes, sure, but none of the fees that Comcast invented.

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr I have Cox Cable here in Phoenix.  I have 4 TV's and bundle cable with high-speed internet service.  In the last 2 years (been a customer for 20 yrs) my bill has risen $40.  The cable boxes alone now cost me $30/month.  The "song and dance" I have to go through each year to "re-up" is ridiculous because whatever price they quote for "the year" is always replaced with a higher charge when theses "user fees" and other mumbo-jumbo appear or some "promotion" suddenly expires.

I don't watch on-air TV.  I only record and watch shows whenever I wish so I can zip through the commercials.

I use the music feature on the lineup to do my exercises each day.

Does the Verizon service you mention have the DVR and music features?

Super Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

Xfinity customer service will give you the exact specifications (model type ) for the boxes and router and you can get them at Best Buy.  

What happens if you buy the boxes or routers & then you have problems with them, who services them? I would like to buy but when I have trouble with them I just call Comcast & the correct the problem at no charge.

Frequent Contributor

I've been following "Cord Cutter News" on Youtube and now anticipate multiple increases in rental charges and fees from Comcast.  Reportedly, Comcast has experienced a heavy increase in cord cutting -- hundreds of thousands of lost subscribers the past year, surprise, surprise -- and consequently it announced to shareholders (if I remember correctly) that it planned to recover the loss in part by a corresponding increase in fees it charged subscribers.  

I have Comcast internet and basic cable TV only and plan to maintain the status quo and increased fees in the short run while looking forward to some innovative internet by satellite options available to all of us in the near future -- from Amazon and Elon Musk, among others.  The satellite launch will be a game changer depending on its cost and barring unforeseen technical difficulties.  It may be the death knell for Comcast cable services.  

Honored Contributor

Whenever my Directv bill goes up I call them and try to get them to bring it back down. That works every time for me.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda   I'm sorry, I don't have a DVR and don't know about music features.  Sorry about that.  Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden  No my cable has not gone up, it is high enough!  All other bills you listed have gone up!  I too have basic cable.  My grandaddy's words ring in my ears all the time... don't live beyond your means.  Thank goodness I payed attention when he told us things to help us thru life.  I guess growing up during the depression he knew the value of a dollar.  He used to say waste not want not.  Sorry did not mean to get on soapbox about money.  I too get angry when bills keep going up and we aren't getting anymore for our money.