Super Contributor

TLC sure knows how to pick them....

Whats up with that?  Their reality show families seem to have similar problems.  Doesn't anyone check out these people before they give them a TV show?

Duggars, Honey boo boo and now the Willis family...smh.

Honored Contributor

Re: TLC sure knows how to pick them....

I've never understood the fascination with this kind of programming.... but yeah, they are relatively low cost, people/viewers seem fascinated by them so I don't think they check them out much at all, besides.... everything seems to be accepted as "oh well"....  have a problem, drop them and find some more....  Woman Frustrated 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I'll take a good old sitcom over reality tv any day....although I do admit to watching Dance Moms and  Married at First Sight occasionally.

Honored Contributor

@dreamytoo wrote:

Whats up with that?  Their reality show families seem to have similar problems.  Doesn't anyone check out these people before they give them a TV show?

Duggars, Honey boo boo and now the Willis family...smh.

@dreamytoo

Who is the Willis family?   I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't think TLC really cares about "checking anyone out".    All they really need is an air tight contract that allows them to drop shows like a hot potato if something goes wrong and they've milked the show for all the publicity they can get from it.   

Honored Contributor

I think that the shows are cheap to produce , and the people who " star " I them , just want to be on tv .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I know I am going to sound like a dud, but seriously way back when these so called realiity shows started, I thought to myself these will never last! I know, I was dead wrong, but believe you me, I have never watched one for more than maybe 5 minutes, and that was way in the beginning. That's why I think TV is a huge bore on most channels.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I know I am going to sound like a dud, but seriously way back when these so called realiity shows started, I thought to myself these will never last! I know, I was dead wrong, but believe you me, I have never watched one for more than maybe 5 minutes, and that was way in the beginning. That's why I think TV is a huge bore on most channels.

@Leeny

The only reality show I've ever been able to watch was Dancing With The Stars .... and I stopped watching that several seasons ago!

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I'm with you..... and I'm not good at speculating either.  In the mid-80's I had the opportunity to invest in HSN (what?  Shopping from TV?  Are they nuts?)..... course if I had we would have been wealthy.  Oh well, I try not to think about it.... ROFL... Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

Google Toby Willis.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

Google Toby Willis.

wow! That is really sad for his family. I did not see that coming.