Honored Contributor

Re: TLC's Kate v. Meghan: Princesses at War?

@Pearlee wrote:

LOL @ your typo @mousiegirl   - it looks comical!  Smiley Happy

That was discussed a bit on the show and I've read it in multiple sources, saying the real rift is between Harry and William because William asked Harry didn't he think things may be moving too fast with Meghan when they were dating, and was he sure he wanted to marry her after so short a time?   From what I've seen in print and I think was said on the show too, William wasn't nixing Meghan, just trying to urge Harry to be more cautious, and Harry has taken it that William didn't welcome Meghan as much as he should have.  It sounds plausible to me, but who knows?

As for the Meghan / Kate issue, a couple of more things.  The show towards the end said that Meghan and Kate might bond more once Meghan has the baby, since Kate would be a great person to ask questions to, having three little ones.  That said, the show also pointed out that Kate and Meghan are quite different people.  I can't help but remember the look on Kate's face at the wedding (and others' too in her row of seats with senior royals) when that Reverand from the USA started talking.  It just isn't their style and they aren't used to  that; the royals are quite sedate.  Meghan is an energetic American go-getter and so Kate and Meghan are just very, very different and, although it wasn't stated, I could see where Kate might be disapproving of Meghan's style of doing things.  As the "bigot" lady pointed out, and I do somehwhat agree with this, Meghan hasn't really just sat back and gotten the lay of the land and taken things in  ---  she's forged full steam ahead with an agenda. Kate is much more all about her husband and supporting him.  So I doubt that Kate and Meghan will ever be close.

@Pearlee Is the bigot lady the Lady..., can't remember her name, but I always think she sounds funny when she speaks.

I don't see a typo, please enlighten me, lol.

Respected Contributor

The bigot everyone is referring to is Lady Colin Campbell.  She married Lord Colin Campbell and left him after 9 months of marriage and was divorced after 14 months.  She is a strange duck.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Colin_Campbell 

Not very well thought of in England and not connected to the Royals.  She appears on a number of American shows about the Royals.  I have been told by my friends in London she is full of it!

I think you might find the link on her very interesting to say the least.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

That was discussed a bit on the show and I've read it in multiple sources, saying the real rift is between Harry and William because William asked Harry didn't he think things may be moving too fast with Meghan when they were dating, and was he sure he wanted to marry her after so short a time?   From what I've seen in print and I think was said on the show too, William wasn't nixing Meghan, just trying to urge Harry to be more cautious, and Harry has taken it that William didn't welcome Meghan as much as he should have.  It sounds plausible to me, but who knows?

As for the Meghan / Kate issue, a couple of more things.  The show towards the end said that Meghan and Kate might bond more once Meghan has the baby, since Kate would be a great person to ask questions to, having three little ones.  That said, the show also pointed out that Kate and Meghan are quite different people.  I can't help but remember the look on Kate's face at the wedding (and others' too in her row of seats with senior royals) when that Reverand from the USA started talking.  It just isn't their style and they aren't used to  that; the royals are quite sedate.  Meghan is an energetic American go-getter and so Kate and Meghan are just very, very different and, although it wasn't stated, I could see where Kate might be disapproving of Meghan's style of doing things.  As the "bigot" lady pointed out, and I do somehwhat agree with this, Meghan hasn't really just sat back and gotten the lay of the land and taken things in  ---  she's forged full steam ahead with an agenda. Kate is much more all about her husband and supporting him.  So I doubt that Kate and Meghan will ever be close.

@Pearlee Is the bigot lady the Lady..., can't remember her name, but I always think she sounds funny when she speaks.

@mousiegirl  The word feud is the typo at end of your post, spelled fued!  LOL Smiley Happy

Frankly, I'd never seen that old bigot lady commenting on the royals before; she's not one of the regulars I'm familiar with  She's quite old - in her 80s I'd say - very thin, wrinkled and had very sparse hair that I think was pulled back into a bun or something, although I couldn't see the back.  Does the description help place her?  She was quite disapproving of Meghan.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

The bigot everyone is referring to is Lady Colin Campbell.  She married Lord Colin Campbell and left him after 9 months of marriage and was divorced after 14 months.  She is a strange duck.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Colin_Campbell 

Not very well thought of in England and not connected to the Royals.  She appears on a number of American shows about the Royals.  I have been told by my friends in London she is full of it!

I think you might find the link on her very interesting to say the least.

@mousiegirl  Oh, I didn't see that Somertime identified the "bigot" lady!  Never heard of her before.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mousiegirl  The word feud is the typo at end of your post, spelled fued!  LOL Smiley Happy

Frankly, I'd never seen that old bigot lady commenting on the royals before; she's not one of the regulars I'm familiar with  She's quite old - in her 80s I'd say - very thin, wrinkled and had very sparse hair that I think was pulled back into a bun or something, although I couldn't see the back.  Does the description help place her?  She was quite disapproving of Meghan.

@Pearlee  Oh, should have used spell check.  Yes, this is the Lady something that I have seen over and over commenting.  This is her info.

Lady Colin Campbell - Wikipedia

Lady Colin Campbell is a Jamaican-born British writer, socialite, and television and radio personality. She has published three books about the British Royal Family.