Respected Contributor

TLC channel buffering problem

I have had problems with buffering on my TV so my daughter suggested I buy a new Roku streaming stick. The buffering had been mainly on the TLC station. The buffering has stopped except for the TLC station. When I am watching 90 day fiance which is the main show I watch on this station and occasionally it happens when I watch 1000 lb sisters or the 600 lb people show.  

Has anyone else had this happen watching this station?  I have had to watch the shows online because of the buffering and sometimes the screen freezes and you can hear the show continuing to play or there will be a commercial playing but the screen remains frozen on a picture of the show. Am I making sense here ?   Do you think they are trying to push people (encourage) to buy Discovery Plus ? I don't understand why it only happens on TLC

Honored Contributor

Re: TLC channel buffering problem

Anything you stream from any source is likely to have the same result.  I don't have any trouble streaming TLC and I have rotten, slow wifi compared to what most people have. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My cable service isn't much better.  One station only pixelates and freezes.  Last night was the worst so I hit reset 3'x's in a row because it kept doing it and when it came back up that final time, it stopped.  Very strange I know.

Honored Contributor

Does it need new batteries?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once in awhile I have it happen where the screen freezes on top but the bottom half is all shivery but the audio continues but honestly I haven't taken note of whether or not it's on any particular channel. Probably because it doesn't happen often, maybe once a month. I find if I move one channel up or down w/the remote then go back to the frozen one it plays ok again.