Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

I loved watching this family. They are kind and wonderful parents. To cancel a show because of 1 bad apple is horrible. We are not our brothers keeper. Judge not!

I'll judge child molesters all day long.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset   I call it The Litter Channel.

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

I loved watching this family. They are kind and wonderful parents. To cancel a show because of 1 bad apple is horrible. We are not our brothers keeper. Judge not!

He's more than a bad apple.  He should be held accountable for his actions.  He was viewing images of children as young as 18 months old. 

His parents knew of his behavior and swept it under the rug.  His sisters and others have suffered at Josh's hands.  They are just as guilty as Josh is, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

@Auntie CC  I don't think having your 6,7 year old daughters be sister moms for 6 month old babies which includes total care. Feeding them all the times they wake up during the night. Bathing, etc. It was like the older daughters had three or four children of their own. Then having other household chores besides. This is a horrible life for the sister moms. Let a child be a child. If you need help, hire it or pull the plug. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

I somewhat agree, @Auntie CC .  When they changed the show to Counting On with just the kids and their families, I found it enjoyable.  Then they started to slowly bring back the parents.  I will miss the show.

People think that being a Christian family, they are perfect or think they are.  They are Christians because they are not perfect and they recognize that.  We all need forgiveness.  

Don't get me wrong, I believe the oldest son needs to pay the penalty for his gross wrong doings.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Auntie CC wrote:

He's more than a bad apple.  He should be held accountable for his actions.  He was viewing images of children as young as 18 months old. 

His parents knew of his behavior and swept it under the rug.  His sisters and others have suffered at Josh's hands.  They are just as guilty as Josh is, IMO.

@Bri369   Did you mean that the sisters are as guilty as Josh?  They were victims.....young girls.  They aren't guilty of anything IMHO.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Auntie CC wrote:

No, they are not just as guilty. He is the criminal.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Auntie CC wrote:

@Bri369   Did you mean that the sisters are as guilty as Josh?  They were victims.....young girls.  They aren't guilty of anything IMHO.

@tends2dogs @Bri369  I think she meant the parents are as guilty since they swept it under the rug.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: TLC cancels the Duggars

[ Edited ]

I am a conservative Christian but never cared for this family.  I did not like how they made their girls servants, having to fully raise/mother the next baby and do all the chores while their mom went on to get pregnant again.

But what always bothered me is how they sold their lifestyle. In today's economy it is simply not sustainable to afford a wife and 20 kids at home and truth be told, it was not affordable for them either. But once they became famous their tv show made them so much money that they could afford a great custom house, travel, restaurants, designers purses, etc. You'd be surprised how many people wanted to emulate them because they seemed to "have it all" (modern comforts + tons of kids), not realizing that the only reason they have such a nice life is because of the wealth their TV show gave them.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Auntie CC wrote:

No, they are not just as guilty. He is the criminal.

------------

Not as guilty as Josh is, but guilty of covering for his actions.  Sending him to a friend/counselor was never going to 'cure' him of his addiction!!  How could his sisters/victims stand him?  I say, about time to cancel this family's show.