Respected Contributor

I think they all agree to exagerate the relationship for the sake of being on TV.  Including the girl friend/wife.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: TLC I LOVE A MAMA'S BOY

[ Edited ]

I'd say the show is probably fake because there was a similar show on TLC about mothers and daughters that was found to be fake. It was on for several years and it turns out many of the so called mothers and daughters weren't even related. It was called Smothered.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I saw the previews.  I know these shows are scripted but I have no doubt there are people like that.

Remember folks, there is a reason the Dr. cuts the cord in the delivery room.

I could never deal with a man-baby.

What is the meaning when the cord is snipped from a baby girl? ☺️

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

@sissel wrote:

It's just like the show Smothered remember that? After the show one family was on a podcast they all got along. That was the mother/daughter that took a bath together. She had a baby & the mother lived with them to help out. So different than what we saw on the show. What I don't understand is why are the girlfriends still with these boys? I would have left real fast and find myself a man. At least they aren't married so get out, why doesn't family/friends tell these girls get out cuz it will only get worse after marriage. Another staged show for TLC. 

@sissel  when I saw the preview for that, I cringed.....ewwww - that mother kiss kiss kissing on her daughter?  I loved my mom dearly (RIP) but good golly, that was just too far out for me (as is this mom/son show).  About as bad as the Gypsy weddings show!

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

@sissel wrote:

It's just like the show Smothered remember that? After the show one family was on a podcast they all got along. That was the mother/daughter that took a bath together. She had a baby & the mother lived with them to help out. So different than what we saw on the show. What I don't understand is why are the girlfriends still with these boys? I would have left real fast and find myself a man. At least they aren't married so get out, why doesn't family/friends tell these girls get out cuz it will only get worse after marriage. Another staged show for TLC. 

@sissel  when I saw the preview for that, I cringed.....ewwww - that mother kiss kiss kissing on her daughter?  I loved my mom dearly (RIP) but good golly, that was just too far out for me (as is this mom/son show).  About as bad as the Gypsy weddings show!

@tarsmom  The Gypsy shows never cease to amaze me. The way they all fight each other is something else. Trash at it's finest if it's even real lol.