Honored Contributor

TLC I LOVE A MAMA'S BOY

[ Edited ]

Wow, what a situation.  I would run screaming from a so-called man who put his Mother first and spent so much time with her, especially on Valentine's day.  They ARE boys, not men.  I really dislike the heavy Mother, can't remember her name, but last night, she was telling him what to wear on his wedding day, ignoring his finance and what she wanted.

These Mothers are stepping over the line BIG time, but they couldn't if their sons would man up and not allow them to do so.

The guy who spends every evening with his Mother having tea, leaving his girlfriend alone, who would tolerate that.  I hope these young girls don't think anything will change once they are married, it will probably become worse, and once children arrive, oh my, they will be telling the wives how to raise their children.

Trusted Contributor

I did not see the show but I did see the preview. If someone marries a mama's boy she will always play 2nd fiddle to the mom.  The mom will always come 1st in the man's eyes.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like another of TLC's parades of freaks and weirdos.  You've got to wonder where they dig these people up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  I am not normally a watcher of shows like this but came on it last night by accident and couldn't believe what I saw! It was like a train wreak you can't take your eyes off. I have a hard time believing it's real. To me it's so sad that people have so little self esteem that they subject themselves to such behavior and then feel the need to go on a show like this and belittle themselves even more.

The mothers are certifiable and scary weird, the sons are babies. One and done for me.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac.  You've got to wonder if the people are professional actors who have memorized a script.  Hard to believe such people really exist or that TLC could find them if they did.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac.  You've got to wonder if the people are professional actors who have memorized a script.  Hard to believe such people really exist or that TLC could find them if they did.

@Kachina624  I know! Because of what I saw I found it unnatural and very disturbing. Wish I haden't seen it.

Honored Contributor

Probably rehearsed and fake...doing it for a paycheck.

Respected Contributor

It's just like the show Smothered remember that? After the show one family was on a podcast they all got along. That was the mother/daughter that took a bath together. She had a baby & the mother lived with them to help out. So different than what we saw on the show. What I don't understand is why are the girlfriends still with these boys? I would have left real fast and find myself a man. At least they aren't married so get out, why doesn't family/friends tell these girls get out cuz it will only get worse after marriage. Another staged show for TLC. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it is real, it is beyond comprehension.  One life task is to "divorce" your parents.

Lots of family around me and it is so funny to see everyone shuffling around on weekends, abandoning grandkids here and there.  And settling in for a beer or some cookies.  But then they return to their own life.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the previews.  I know these shows are scripted but I have no doubt there are people like that.

Remember folks, there is a reason the Dr. cuts the cord in the delivery room.

I could never deal with a man-baby.