Trusted Contributor

Re: TLC ANNIE AND DAVID AND LOREN AND ALEXI

Just got done watching Alexi and Loren. I really like the both of them but Loren needs to get a grip.  He hasn't seen him family in 2 years and she can't manage being alone for 8 days.  Then her dad has to butt in and is going to confront him when he gets back.  She is lucky her husband is always home.  She could never be a military wife!

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Agree with you @Sunshine! D & S show is so pathetic, plastic and pointless… The worst of TLC-

Alexei went to Israel for cousins wedding and to see family. Soooo exciting! 

Jessa
Trusted Contributor

The episode I watched I felt like the family was bullying David about his weight and Annie let it happen. No one stuck up for him. He really seems like a kind person and wants to help anyway he can. But I don't plan to watch anymore as it really didn't seem very interesting, although I like both of them very much. 

Trusted Contributor

I keep asking myself why I'm watching this.  Loren's parents don't understand proper boundaries, especially her father.  Alex seems like a good husband, I think one day he'll quit putting up with their criticism and meddling.  I'm wondering if he's biting his tongue until his family moves here from Israel.

David and Annie's relationship seems good but there would be no plot for a TV show without the two teens. From what little I've read, the story and all the excitement revolves around  the teens, not D and A.  I really wonder if they would have brought them to America if it hadn't been for this show

Respected Contributor

Re: TLC ANNIE AND DAVIE AND LOREN AND ALEXI

[ Edited ]

I watched a few of Annie and David's cooking videos on YouTube. I was surprised when David responded to my comment about an ingredient. Annie frequently responds to comments also. They come across as being down to earth and genuinely nice.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling it's going to be a hot mess when his parents that don't speak English move here and live with them. They have no jobs so what are they going to do? He did say his mom was going to be living with them. We know how freaked out Lauren becomes about everything though she initially acts like it's okay. His brother is coming too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know if his folks now live and work in Israel, but if they do, you can be sure they will do their best to eventuially support themselves and become good citizens. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HiLo wrote:

I don't know if his folks now live and work in Israel, but if they do, you can be sure they will do their best to eventuially support themselves and become good citizens. 

@HiLo Alexi's parents look like they're in their 50s or 60s.  They don't speak a word of English, neither does the brother.  I haven't heard them say they speak Spanish.  It's extremely difficult to learn a new language at that age.  The two main languages spoken in S Florida, where it's very expensive to live, are English and Spanish.  I can't imagine what type of work they could get without speaking either language, unless they have a lot of money and don't need to work.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@HiLo Alexi's parents look like they're in their 50s or 60s.  They don't speak a word of English, neither does the brother.  I haven't heard them say they speak Spanish.  It's extremely difficult to learn a new language at that age.  The two main languages spoken in S Florida, where it's very expensive to live, are English and Spanish.  I can't imagine what type of work they could get without speaking either language, unless they have a lot of money and don't need to work.

I think it's tougher for older people to find work in general. Maybe the brother will support them or someone Loren's family knows can help them out. I don't think they won't be good citizens, I just feel Loren will behave badly once they start living here despite her saying otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Alexi's parents will not need to work if they are retired.  Israel has a wonderful pension system, much more superior than what we have in the US.

Honored Contributor

David and Annie each bought new condos by the beach in Taiwan. They are right across from the beach and they paid cash for them.