Honored Contributor

Re: TJ and Amy out of work......

[ Edited ]

Nobody has mentioned that their flaunting their relationship is leaving ABC open to a huge sexual harassment lawsuit.  All any offended employee has to do is claim they are creating a hostile work enviroment, which they undoubtedly are, and take it to the EEOC.  It must be a very uncomfortable situation in which their co-workers must function.  I'd hate to have to work there.

The blatant stupidity of the two principals in not recognizing this is unbelievable.  They aren't unsophisticated bumpkins.    They deserve whatever happens to their careers.

ABC should be very afraid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope they are both happy now. I actually think they make a good couple. If it's true love then more power to them. Love conquers all.

Sorry, @SilleeMee -- "true love" and love that "conquers all" does not hurt children so publicly and recklessly.

Just b/c someone has kids doesn't mean that someone has to live w/o love or romance. The days of staying with one partner b/c of children are over. 

This isn't about "staying with one partner because of children." This is about hurting children publicly and recklessly.

What are they suppose to do? ...hide? Considering who they are, that isn't possible.

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope they are both happy now. I actually think they make a good couple. If it's true love then more power to them. Love conquers all.

Sorry, @SilleeMee -- "true love" and love that "conquers all" does not hurt children so publicly and recklessly.

Just b/c someone has kids doesn't mean that someone has to live w/o love or romance. The days of staying with one partner b/c of children are over. 

This isn't about "staying with one partner because of children." This is about hurting children publicly and recklessly.

What are they suppose to do? ...hide? Considering who they are, that isn't possible.

What they are supposed to do is the right thing.  If they want to break their wedding vows, get a divorce first, then have your fling.  Hide?  No one will could ever accuse them of that, that is for sure.  They were parading around, flaunting it & showing more PDA than is necessary for two grown adults.  They are not teenagers & since they are in the public eye they should consider their children's feelings.  That's what they are supposed to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe it has been answered, but isn't Amy married to Andrew Shue, or did they get a divorce long ago?

Esteemed Contributor

Just throwing this out there: Didn't two co anchors on MSNBC have an affair when they were both married to others, and then they got married and are still on MSNBC? I just don't remember it being covered as a big deal. Is it because these two flaunted their hookups?

Honored Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

What they are supposed to do is the right thing.  If they want to break their wedding vows, get a divorce first, then have your fling.  Hide?  No one will could ever accuse them of that, that is for sure.  They were parading around, flaunting it & showing more PDA than is necessary for two grown adults.  They are not teenagers & since they are in the public eye they should consider their children's feelings.  That's what they are supposed to do.

How do we know anything about the kids? How do we know what they are thinking or feeling about the relationship?  

When my dad had an affair, I was a young kid, not even a teen yet. But I was happy that my mom decided to separate and then find another man. I was also happy for my dad, too. He found love again and married her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Kachina624 wrote:
Nobody has mentioned that their flaunting their relationship is leaving ABC open to a huge sexual harassment lawsuit. All any offended employee has to do is claim they are creating a hostile work enviroment, which they undoubtedly are, and take it to the EEOC. It must be a very uncomfortable situation in which their co-workers must function. I'd hate to have to work there.
The blatant stupidity of the two principals in not recognizing this is unbelievable. They aren't unsophisticated bumpkins. They deserve whatever happens to their careers.
ABC should be very afraid.

No one mentioned thar because it hasn't happened.  I can't claim sexual harrassmebt because my coworker is sleeping with our boss.  .  No one is offended by a consensual relationship between two coworkers antway.  Sexual harassment does not include other people's relationships that don't involve their coworkers.  The real worry was that one of the other women that TJ dated would claim sexual harassment.  That's what the investigation was about.  Getting the stories from those women and perhaps even settling with them to avoid a public relations catastrophe.  It was never about TJ and Amy's marriages.  They were both separated months before this went public.  If it hadn't been for TJ's history with women, they probably would have been reassigned but they wouldn't have lost their jobs.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BarbieDollToo - I agree with what you said about "the right thing".

When my nephew met his now wife, she made it clear that she was interested in him.

He asked her if she was involved with anyone at that time and the answer was yes, but it wasn't going well.

He told her to get in touch with him again, if she was still interested, only when she had finished her current relationship and had time to get over that.  (And, yes, she had a child.)

She did.  They got married about 20 years ago and are still very happy together.

IMO, they did "the right thing", the "right way".

Esteemed Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

I read they haven't been let go.....

I don't know them or watch then, but they wouldn't be the first to have an affair at work. Not sure why these two are being branded with a scarlet letter.

@Stelladorable, in this case I suspect it is less what they did than who they are.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Hi silleemee,

I respectfully disagree. Our bankrupt culture says " the days of staying with one partner" are over, but the truth is, a large part of American families still have a moral compass. There are many parents who selfishly care more about themselves than they do there children but if you can't love your kids enough to put them first and yourself last, then NO relationship you become involved in will last. Because the greatest love is a sacrificing love. If those two or anyone else don't know that ( and it's instinctive) and don't care who they hurt, then what does that say about future generations?  And for that matter, if you won't practice selfless love for those who depend on us, how in the world will any relationship work? They won't. Relationships will keep falling apart and we'll wonder why. 

AND WE WONDER WHAT WRONG WITH AMERICAN SOCIETY TODAY. 

"let's create our own morality and we can justify it any way we want to and do anything we want and we'll all be so much happier"

The truth is, life doesn't work like that.  And the days of a man and his wife staying together are not over. But the days of accepting any kind of bad behavior are definitely looking like they're here to stay from what I'm seeing and hearing everywhere. 

Just sad to me. 

I've always enjoyed your knowledgeable posts. We have a different opinion, that's all. 

Heart