Honored Contributor

Re: THURSDAY IS CLAUDETTE COLBERT DAY ON TCM!

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Shelbelle , I'm watching it now.  'Tomorrow is Forever'.
Beautiful, caring movie!  Natalie with blonde hair through me off for a minute.

Have you seen it before, good ending!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle , yes, I had seen it before but not for awhile.  I'm not one to watch a movie too often, it has to be a couple of years in between for me to appreciate seeing it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Haven't seen many of her movies.  Will watch The Egg and I, I like Fred.  Wish they were showing her in Cleopatra.  

@Oznell   Agree with your choices of BD and BS but as my third I would choose Katharine Hepburn.

My favorite line in The Egg and I was by Fred MacMurray. He woke her and said, 'C'mon, get up, half the morning's gone!' (It's dark and about 4am) My DH and I still use that line sometimes in the morning, hahaha.

Trusted Contributor

I never really cared for Claudette Colbert but  she was a good actress. I did like her in "Drums Along the Mohawk", "Three Came Home", and "Since You Went Away". I watched "Three Came Home" but "Drums Along the Mohawk" was on in the middle of the night here on the East Coast so I missed it. (Rats!) However it's on the Watch TCM app so I'll watch it today.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 , I've seen Drums Along the Mohawk' but I'm not sure I've ever watched it in it's entirety, though.  And since it came on so late, I only stayed alert for about 30 minutes, lol.

Claudette in her dramas were much better than Claudette in her comedies, IMO.  She could bring you to tears.  She was too giddy or something doing comedies.  The constant wringing of the hands.....  Had a beautiful figure and legs.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)