Honored Contributor

Re: THREE SUSPENSEFUL 'STRANGE(R'S) ON TCM TUESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Oznell!!

You hit the nail on the head, Oldman being versatile is why I regard him as an actor in his own category, like Daniel Day Lewis. I love actors and actresses who are versatile and grab a role, make it work and look easy even if it is challenging.  Oldman as Mank is definitely deserving of the Oscar but of course only one can win.

Honored Contributor

Re: THREE SUSPENSEFUL 'STRANGE(R'S) ON TCM TUESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Mz iMac--  right, it IS confusing to a first time viewer, what with the waifish Lizabeth Scott sub-plot, and the shifting time frames.   That's interesting that it's Douglas's first role.  Actually, I like his very early roles, when he first burst on the scene.  He brought such vitality--  in "Out of the Past",  in "Mourning Becomes Electra" and in this one.  It didn't hurt that he got to debut opposite Stanwyck!

@spiderw,  I think everyone you mentioned is a standout on the scene.  The "Hopkins" you mentioned has to be Anthony Hopkins, who has been so brilliantly enduring and there's something so "intuitive" about his acting.  I hope he has a lot more roles in him too...