Honored Contributor

THREE SUSPENSEFUL 'STRANGE(R'S) ON TCM TUESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Superb 'triple feature' film noir matinee--

00-SLOMI.jpg

12:30 p.m. Eastern--   "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"  Barbara Stanwyck, Van Heflin, Kirk Douglas, Lizabeth Scott    Love Stanwyck (of course) and also a very young, new but obviously gifted Kirk Douglas, and never-fail Van Heflin...

hqdefault.jpg

2:30 p.m. Eastern--  "The Stranger"  Edward G. Robinson, Loretta Young, Orson Welles, Richard Long

Haunting, absolutely riveting post-war suspense.

Strangers_on_a_Train-686366536-large.jpg

4:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Strangers on a Train"  Farley Granger, Robert Walker, Ruth Roman, Leo G. Carroll, Patricia Hitchcock, Marion Lorne

Farley Granger and Ruth Roman, one of Hithcock's more gorgeous pairings.....

True star power on Tuesday afternoon!

tumblr_lnipprSWTj1qzjidwo1_500.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: THREE SUSPENSEFUL 'STRANGE(R'S) ON TCM TUESDAY 12:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I was hoping to see "S"tate Fair, but guess it didn't qualify as a good enough "S". 

BTW, where's Eddie been and more to the point Film Noir? Seems a while since I've seen him. I know I didn't want to see the last film noir but it seems weeks have gone by and no Eddie.

Respected Contributor

Remember when actors were so good , they didn't have to say a word and  were brilliant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline   I'm assuming since TCM is doing 30 days of Oscar he's had April 1 to May 1 off.  Looking forward to his return!

And I was hoping for the "Rs" TCM would show Reversal of Fortune with the Oscar winner, Jeremy Irons, 

Honored Contributor

Marion Lorne!  Haven't thought about her in years!

Honored Contributor

I have seen these movies at various times and agree about them being suspenseful and definitely entertaining.  Anything Stanwyck is in is a winner, Loretta Young, Edward G., Ruth Roman, Farley and the rest make up some of Hollywood's greats.  These are movies which entertain and keep you focused throughout!!!

I love the old actors and actresses and there are so many who stand out.  But I also admire the current crop of actors and actresses, Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Hopkins, McDormand, to name but a few who have star quality and in my opinion are stand outs in the movie business.  

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I have seen these movies at various times and agree about them being suspenseful and definitely entertaining.  Anything Stanwyck is in is a winner, Loretta Young, Edward G., Ruth Roman, Farley and the rest make up some of Hollywood's greats.  These are movies which entertain and keep you focused throughout!!!

I love the old actors and actresses and there are so many who stand out.  But I also admire the current crop of actors and actresses, Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Hopkins, McDormand, to name but a few who have star quality and in my opinion are stand outs in the movie business.  

@spiderw  Day Lewis is no longer in the current crop. He retired from acting.

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @kaydee50 ,  they always seem to pre-empt Eddie for Oscar month.    In the last year, I haven't been catching Noir Alley as much as I used to--  despite repeats though, I do think Eddie manages to still unearth less-frequently seen and often worthy noirs....

@spiderw,  Gary Oldman is one of my top favorites-- what a versatile talent.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

00-SLOMI.jpg

12:30 p.m. Eastern--   "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"  Barbara Stanwyck, Van Heflin, Kirk Douglas, Lizabeth Scott    Love Stanwyck (of course) and also a very young, new but obviously gifted Kirk Douglas, and never-fail Van Heflin...

@Oznell  I believe this was Kirk Douglas very first movie. 

I've watched that movie maybe a total 3xs.  The 3rd time was the first time I watched the movie from beginning to end.

I kept getting confused in the beginning w/the back & forth story lines.  By the time I watched the movie for the 3rd time, I was able to piece everything together to finally enjoy the movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Pearley!

I know Daniel Day Lewis retired but I included him because he gave so many excellent performances in modern time , he is in a category of his own/ Thanks for your comment though, I wish Lewis would make another movie. I love actors/actresses who can play a variety of roles and excel at each.