Respected Contributor

THREADS Views or hits count is missing

Is there some how a way to restore the view counter?

Also what needs to be check and where to restore the return to the forum you were posting on? I always get a blank and have to look for the forum again

Honored Contributor

Re: THREADS Views or hits count is missing

The view counter was always interesting. I'd like to see that restored too.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think you can see the number of views an entire thread has received at a glance, but you can see the number of views an individual post has received, if you look right below the OP's name, avatar, registered date, etc of each post.  For example, your post above has received 27 views so far (edited to add:  That number has since changed, due to more views) .  

Regarding your second question, are you asking how to return to the main page of the forum you were just reading/posting?  If so, look right below the last post of the thread you are viewing, and you'll see "Forum Listing."  If you click on that link, it will bring you back to the forum main page of topics.  HTH 

Here's the info showing the page views for your original post:

Super Contributor
javala
♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I agree, I enjoy seeing how many people read the posts.  

Super Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I don't think you can see the number of views an entire thread has received at a glance, but you can see the number of views an individual post has received, if you look right below the OP's name, avatar, registered date, etc of each post.  For example, your post above has received 27 views so far (edited to add:  That number has since changed, due to more views) .  

Regarding your second question, are you asking how to return to the main page of the forum you were just reading/posting?  If so, look right below the last post of the thread you are viewing, and you'll see "Forum Listing."  If you click on that link, it will bring you back to the forum main page of topics.  HTH 

Super Contributor

The number of views an individual post has received doesn't show up on my computer.  I'm on a Mac.  That's very strange that it would show up for some and not others.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

Super Contributor

The number of views an individual post has received doesn't show up on my computer.  I'm on a Mac.  That's very strange that it would show up for some and not others.

@NickNack1 - Yes, I've read in other threads that there seems to be differences depending on whether a poster is using a Mac or PC, and also certain mobile devices. There seems to be differences with browsers, too.  I use Chrome, and on the first day the "new" forums were revealed, I didn't have any problems.  I kept reading from other posters how crazy and jumbled everything appeared, and I was really puzzled because everything looked okay from my end.  Maybe there are still compatibility issues Q is working on.  For instance, I read on the first day that Mac users weren't able to see the ellipsis to access the editing feature, but I guess they've fixed that?  Just out of curiosity, can you see the "Report Inappropriate Content" link located below a poster's name, avatar, # posts, registered date?  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

i

@NickNack1 - Yes, I've read in other threads that there seems to be differences depending on whether a poster is using a Mac or PC, and also certain mobile devices. There seems to be differences with browsers, too.  I use Chrome, and on the first day the "new" forums were revealed, I didn't have any problems.  I kept reading from other posters how crazy and jumbled everything appeared, and I was really puzzled because everything looked okay from my end.  Maybe there are still compatibility issues Q is working on.  For instance, I read on the first day that Mac users weren't able to see the ellipsis to access the editing feature, but I guess they've fixed that?  Just out of curiosity, can you see the "Report Inappropriate Content" link located below a poster's name, avatar, # posts, registered date?  

@I like celery  This morning I can see the number of views count.  I must have just not been looking at that very bottom line last night.  I can also see the "Report Inappropriate Content" link.  Also, I could see the ellipsis to edit the first day.  It seems that the only thing I can't do on the Mac is copy & paste.  Thanks for telling us about the number of views feature.  I really like to see how many times a post has been viewed.  By the way, even though you put @NickNack1, I never got a notification that you had replied to me.  I double checked before I wrote this.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)