Honored Contributor

@on the bay As a one time fan of Justin Hartley, I gave it a try, but, other than Jack, none of the characters drew me in. I agree with your assessment of Randall. Like the show, both the character and the actor have been over-rated. I never cared for Moore or her character and while it was hard not to like William, he was a bit of a caricature. When I gave up on it, the only character I genuinely liked was Beth. I also grew weary of being 'lead on' by the show runner and weary of all the cast appearances and hyperbole in the effort to reel in an audience.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have watched it all along.  I don't know --- it's so hyped up as being this wonderful, wonderful show.  And it's really not.  It's very --- I'm looking for a good description.  Let's see --- it's kind of "over the top" for one thing.  And they constantly go back and forth as to what is the present and what is the past.  Everything is so theatrical and melodramatic.  It gets to be too much.  I like the lead actor who plays the father -- I think he is wonderful.  The rest of the characters are so over-done.  I am not hammering at the actual actors as they do a good job, but the characters they protray.  I don't think it's a great show at all.  Very middle of the road.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

I have watched it all along.  I don't know --- it's so hyped up as being this wonderful, wonderful show.  And it's really not.  It's very --- I'm looking for a good description.  Let's see --- it's kind of "over the top" for one thing.  And they constantly go back and forth as to what is the present and what is the past.  Everything is so theatrical and melodramatic.  It gets to be too much.  I like the lead actor who plays the father -- I think he is wonderful.  The rest of the characters are so over-done.  I am not hammering at the actual actors as they do a good job, but the characters they protray.  I don't think it's a great show at all.  Very middle of the road.  

And just recently they went into the future!! I recently binged watched the entire series, it took some getting used to storylines in the past and present. Now there's another timeframe to consider!! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

This is one of my most favorite shows of all time.  The acting and writing are excellent, and I must give special credit to the writers.  So many times you can guess what may be coming next but not with this show.  They keep you guessing and it can take a turn to something totally unexpected.  I like a show that doesn't dumb things down.  Yes, it can be very sad, but so is life.  Overall I think it shows the resiliency of life and love and the importance of family. 

Since the start of the show it has gone from current day to the past.  It was interesting that in the last episode they went to the future.  This show could go on forever!  It won't, of course, but I do hope it goes on for a very long time. 

Honored Contributor

I still enjoy this show.  I'm not into awards and all that but so be it.

Does a character here and there annoy me?  Sure.  So do RL people.  LOL

Does the storyline seem unreal?  I don't think so.  Fostering children, drug/alcohol addiction, obesity, abandonment of a newborn, etc.  these are not light topics.

I would rather look at these situations and how this family copes than wondering if the Kardashians are doing well.  *eyeroll*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@stevieb

Good one:  This is angst!   Perfect.

Honored Contributor

@Elri wrote:

@stevieb

Good one:  This is angst!   Perfect.

@Elri  Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Well to be honest @catlover, unless you have a lot of spare time to fill, I'd tell you to skip the show.  The characters have their share of issues, and now that we know how the dad died, I think ratings will decline.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG I totally agree.

Respected Contributor

Can't stand "Miguel" on the show. He stole his best friends wife. Just a despicable human being. Not a fan at all of this man.