Honored Contributor

Re: THIS AND THAT - The Oscars Tonight! Whatever you want to talk about!

[ Edited ]

❤❤❤Whoever is that in the long-sleeve white sequins? Favorite dress I have ever seen! Looks like Bacall or Garbo! (Black nail polish)

Isabelle Huppert "Elle" Armani white beaded gown!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Who knew that braided gray hair was trendy?  Pharrell Williams' wife.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I thought Jessica's outfit was ummmm interesting... I tend to like either bright colors or muted colors.  I have a problem with the poor woman.  It's me, not her.  I just kept reading about what a pain she was trying to rope him (Justin) and I'm sure it's fake but it wharped my brain.  Ha!

Octavia Spencer from Hidden Figures rented an entire movie theatre so people who couldn't afford to go to the movies could see her movie (not because it was her's but in order to let young girls (all colors but mainly black) see that women could do anything.  I thought that was wonderful.  I'd read it before and Ryan asked her about it.  We all know going to the movies these days is very expensive.  It's wonderful that she did that.

Jannel Monae has on a very different dress (Elle Saab designed the dress), lots of feathers, lots,  looks very uncomfortable.  Incidentally, she is in two movies nominated (Hidden Figures and La La Land, pretty neat).

I love Matt Damon.  I have a feeling though his wife has to put up with a lot from him because he's always busy and gone.  She used to be a waitress.  How about that?  I'm always amazed at how some of these people end up together.  She's lovely.  He always kids around and says, "No more kids.  Got enough kids".  He was one of the first people George Clooney told about his twins.  George said Matt laughed and teased him and said he'd keep quiet and for George to not go public for "The Twelve Week Rule:  Look here, read about it:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2017/02/10/matt-damon-heard-clooney-baby-news-before-did...

Good grief!  I just realized my head is so full of useless ummm...stuff!  I buy all of those junk magazines and remember bits and pieces, but my friend teases me because I can't remember the ages of my 7 grandchildren.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

I caught a glimpse of Robin Roberts dressed up for something else the other day, and I couldn't get over how radiantly beautiful she was.  She seems to have found her "look", and you are right, cherry, it is truly elegant, almost stately.

Honored Contributor

Interesting you would say that, Annabellethecat, whenever I see them as a couple, there seems to be a subtle "imbalance" of some sort,  It does seem as though she adores him and is unsure of him?  Just a feeling--  probably hooey on my part.

Don't care for Scarlet Johanssen's look today (hope she spares us her newly hatched political convictions this time).  Oh, my, Halle Berry's hair.  I much prefer her elfin pixie look, or if this hair was just a little more groomed or something...

Honored Contributor

IMG_7574.JPG

Super Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I caught a glimpse of Robin Roberts dressed up for something else the other day, and I couldn't get over how radiantly beautiful she was.  She seems to have found her "look", and you are right, cherry, it is truly elegant, almost stately.

She does look gorgeous!  Chrissy Tiegen's dress is beautiful.

I look forward to the performance of the song from LaLa Land, 'City of Stars'.  I keep humming it.

I have to say I hope Casey Affleck wins Best Actor, he did a wonderful job in Manchester by the Sea. 

Esteemed Contributor

Halley Berry is my favorite so far! She looks stunning and her dress is perfection!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't like Jessica Biel's or Dakota Johnson's dresses.  

Love Giulana's blue gown - she looks beautiful in that color.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Jessica Biel -- somehow I can't see the two of them as a fit.

My favorite movie of the year was "The Light Across the Oceans. "