Honored Contributor

Re: THIS AND THAT - The Oscars Tonight! Whatever you want to talk about!

@Shelbelle wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I didn't like Viola Davis's speech at all.

She said that movies are the only medium that celebrate a life.  Hello, Viola, ever hear of books?  Plays?  Television?  Visual arts?  At times music?  They're global too, all of them. 

Shakespeare is still around, in four hundred years how many movies will have survived?

She wasn't the only one that made that point either but she made it with the most arrogance. 

Hi, Lori, I think what Viola actually said was that acting is the only profession that celebrates life ,not movies, but either way it made no sense to me. I dont think she would have insulted TV with her having a hit series of her own.

@Shelbelle, wish you'd read the thread because later on someone posted what @VaBelle35 posted below, that is, the verbatim of what she said, and having read she said "artist" and not "actress", I admitted I was wrong and took back my words. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THIS AND THAT - The Oscars Tonight! Whatever you want to talk about!

I just knew it....they had to blame it on 'the "old" people!  Ha!  Actually, I can't stand Warren Beatty!  I know it wasn't his fault but some people are saying he threw Fay Dunaway under the bus by having her read it.

I think he was just asking her (in his dumb way) if this was right, kinda like, 'look at this' and she took it