Trusted Contributor

Well, is everyone as upset as I am about losing Carl?  I guess I was a little prepared what with all of the gossip going on pre-show.  However, I think it was a mistake on the part of the producers to let him go, especially considering he plays such an integral part to the comic book series.  I thought Chandler did a bang up job in the last episode and there was alot going on.  I've read some interviews with him and his father and apparently the news came out of left field and left them shell shocked.  Chandler had recently bought a house very close to TWD set and was planning on going to college.  Now his plans have changed - he's not going to college and instead pursuing a music career (he's a DJ) and acting in an Indy film where he had to cut his hair in a mullet style. 

That's all I know!

Trusted Contributor

Anyone counting the days like I am???  February 25 seems a long way off!!

Valued Contributor

they moved it back ......the previous date was Feb11....

I just dont think I will be ready to watch....I love Chandler and cant support anything Gimple has to offer......I will ask a Riggs family member for advise before the 25th...I just cant do it........

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, losing Carl left a bad taste in my mouth, too.  That being said, I'm in this for the long haul and want to see how TWD ultimately ends, so I'm going to continue to watch.   Since there's a new showrunner, I'm hoping she does a better job than Gimple did. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone watch last night?

Well isn't Morgan quite the Terminator.

Bye bye Carl.  I would have rather he go out more like Bob, than Andrea.

I'm ready for Negan and Rick to really go at it.

Gavin got off too easy for my taste.   Watch out Simon, the Widow has plans for you.

Valued Contributor

I have been a huge, crazy fan since the beginning. I even wear my WD tee when watching. But, I was a little disappointed with this episode. It was slow except for Carol and Morgan. Too much hey lets just all get along. I don't watch this show to have everyone sit around the campfire and sing Kumbyyah (sp?). Or to get politically correct all of a sudden. Bah Humbug. No action, no WD here. I never was a Carl fan so none of that bothered me. No tears here. I have not seen the TD yet as it was all on too late for this old lady. I will watch today. I do hope it picks up soon with some good adventure besides flowers and veggies.

Honored Contributor

I didn't shed any tears for Carl.  I thought I might, especially once Chris Hardwick on The Talking Dead began speaking.

This is in a spoiler in case you haven't seen The Talking Dead:

Spoiler
Whenever Chris Hardwick asked Chandler Riggs for his impressions or thoughts about the episode, Chandler's responses were all about the practicalities or the mechanics of the scenes.  I didn't catch any emotion from him.  It seemed as if he wanted to put it all behind him. That almost clinical attitude made me even less inclined to get weepy, and I do get weepy at so many things.
I thought even Greg Nicotero was more emotional than Chandler.  Or maybe he was pretending?  I don't know these folks well enough to gauge.
[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor
Spoiler
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode!  I was so glad to see that they didn't simply focus on Carl's death.  I was also glad to see they explained the dream sequences.  I got weepy and thought they dragged the death sequence out a little too long.   My favorite parts of the episode were Carol and Morgan's badassery.  Wow, when Morgan ripped out that guy's guts ...  LOL!  My husband reaction was classic - he jumped out of his chair and got grossed out.  I was like "Way ta go, Morgan!!!" 

My only hope is that they don't continue to drag out Negan's demise.  He's lost some of the key players on his team (by the way, where's Eugene???)  so things are finally falling apart around him. 
Honored Contributor

Re: THE WALKING DEAD

[ Edited ]

@Shogirl  

Spoiler
Eugene showed up in the dream so maybe he will stick around, but what really stunned me was Negan showing up in the dream, doubt he will stick around, lol  It seems people can stop feeling sorry for Chandler as he supposedly has a lot lined up, was glad to hear that.  Carol and Morgan I would miss terribly, so they had better stick around.  I see Carol as the next leader if Rick leaves.
Contributor

I thought compared to the first half of the season which imo tanked. Last night was done well. I was more upset than I thought I would be. I think as a parent it got to me and with all that is going on in the RL it might have been intensified. I did find on TD Chandler was kind of laid back and technical but again he seems like a reserved and intelligent soul so I would not expect him to be loud.