Honored Contributor

Re: THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 9

[ Edited ]

I have never really seen Rick as a leader, and since fans are prepared for his leaving, I don't think it will be that difficult,.  He was missing from many episodes, and many with only short appearances through the years, and I think Michonne has advised him into making good decisions whereas before, he made a lot of mistakes.

I was hoping for Carol to lead, or Carol and Daryl together, but she said she is taking "her" people back to the Kingdom, so guess that is where she will reign, hope not.

It wasn't clear to me last night if Jed was killed, I hope so, he is nothing but trouble.  I also thought it was Jadis who was trading saviors, but Justin said it was Oceanside and they did appear in the woods during the shootings.

So now, Jadis has disappeared, wonder for how long.  I didn't care for the love interest relationship of she and Gabriel, but if she returns, it may resume.

I did not like the scenes with Negan and Michonne, how she seemed to fall right into his trap, and I know it is one, but it remains to be seen what kind.  Why was she even talking to him, just deliver the food and leave, just asking for trouble talking to him.

Michonne getting out of bed night after night to fight off walkers, risking her life for no reason, leaving Judith without a thought of what would happen to her if she were killed, what sense does that make.  I suppose it is to show that she is warrior through and through, and doesn't know how to live without being one as it has become such a huge part of her life.

I wish Daryl would get his dirty hair out of his face.  There is no reason now why he should always look dirty, showers are available.  He looked much better without that greasy hair in his face.

I wonder if the girl in the truck who said that Maggie was through talking was the little girl from Oceanside who has grown since I saw her last, as I didn't think it was the woman who has become their leader since her Grandmother was killed.

I was cringing last night thinking another horse would be sacrificed, but thank goodness, it ran off with Rick on top, after he was injured.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Yes, that is Rachel who almost killed Tara on that beach when we first met Oceanside.

I will miss Rick but I don't think we've seen the last of him; for this season, yes, but I think he'll be back at some point.

So many have died.

SInce the story has always been about Rick it would be weird not having him.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Some thoughts?

Is Jadis part of the gov't?  There were still military personnel around when the Governor was a storyline.  A military helicopter crashed and he killed all the survivors.

Is there a new fledgling gov't forming?  We've seen helipcopters since the first season in Atlanta.

Jadis really has my interest - I think her work in DC wasn't just as a teacher as she said.  I think she had a higher position.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Yes, that is Rachel who almost killed Tara on that beach when we first met Oceanside.

I will miss Rick but I don't think we've seen the last of him; for this season, yes, but I think he'll be back at some point.

So many have died.

SInce the story has always been about Rick it would be weird not having him.

@Cakers3  On Talking Dead last night, Angela Kang promised big story lines ahead and lots of excitement, so hopefully, it will be such good changes that we won't focus on the eeparted. 

What did you think of the Negan and Michonne's talk?  I already voiced my opinion, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Negan is very good at reading people and hitting soft spots. 

I actually was afraid he was going to grab her in hopes of getting a key to that cell.

He's right, though.  She is a warrior and that explains her being out at night killing walkers.  But Rick is still in the bed so Judith isn't alone at night.  Michonne will never let her guard down. 

His wife's name was Lucille wasn't it?  His attachment to that freaking bat-he said his wife was weak in real life before all this happened-it's like he has her alive and strong through that stinking bat.

I'm sure a lot is going to happen-we still have The Whisperers coming-people who wear the skins of walkers.  Samantha Morton is going to be the Alpha leader of that group. (She is in the HULU show "Harlots".)

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I actually was afraid he was going to grab her in hopes of getting a key to that cell.

He's right, though.  She is a warrior and that explains her being out at night killing walkers.  But Rick is still in the bed so Judith isn't alone at night.  Michonne will never let her guard down. 

His wife's name was Lucille wasn't it?  His attachment to that freaking bat-he said his wife was weak in real life before all this happened-it's like he has her alive and strong through that stinking bat.

I'm sure a lot is going to happen-we still have The Whisperers coming-people who wear the skins of walkers.  Samantha Morton is going to be the Alpha leader of that group. (She is in the HULU show "Harlots".)

@Cakers3  Michonne actually used the bat to kill walkers, then realized it and dropped it like a hot potato, lol, wonder if she left it there as she told Negan, "it's out there," or took it back and hid it.

I did see Rick in bed one night, but then didn't see him the others, but it is filmed in darkness so can barely see what the heck is going on, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  But did that bat have the barbed wire on it??  I didn't think that was Negan's bat. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl  But did that bat have the barbed wire on it??  I didn't think that was Negan's bat. 

@Cakers3  Yes, I believe I saw it, but again, so dang DARK, lol, and that is why she dropped or tossed it, realizing it was "the" bat.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3  Yes, I believe I saw it, but again, so dang DARK, lol, and that is why she dropped or tossed it, realizing it was "the" bat.

@mousiegirl  Michonne was using her sword.  Remember she was looking at it on the wall the first night she went out?  Plus she was wiping it off.

She dropped the sword when she was cornered by a walker and the bat was nearby.

That's when she used it.  Then dropped it when she realized it was a bat.

Same when she was reading that story to Judith and the book had a picture of a bat and baseball glove.  She stopped for a minute when she saw the picture in the child's book.

I don't think that bat was Negan's at all.  Didn't he asked to see Lucille and Michonne told him that they didn't have the bat anymore.  That's when Negan started banging his head against the wall.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3  Michonne actually used the bat to kill walkers, then realized it and dropped it like a hot potato, lol, wonder if she left it there as she told Negan, "it's out there," or took it back and hid it.

I did see Rick in bed one night, but then didn't see him the others, but it is filmed in darkness so can barely see what the heck is going on, lol.

I thought that was her having a  good vs bad dream/nightmare