Honored Contributor

Re: THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 9

Does everyone agree with what Maggie did to Gregory?

I felt she was acting like Negan.  Supposedly there is a council to determine if Earl should be released but it looked like Maggie alone determined Gregory's hanging.

While Gregory needed to go, I'm not so sure if Gregory alone should have been punished.  After all, he may have egged Earl on but so did Earl's wife, Tammy.

She is consumed with revenge for Glenn but newsflash, Maggie.  You were not the only one who suffered at Negan's hands.

Not the quality of a leader, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I hope something gels with the show soon or it may lose me.  It seems there is an un-glueing happening in the writing.  But then I'm an impatient sort.

Honored Contributor

Maggie was sending Rick a message when she hung Gregory.

"This is what you do to traitors & murderers"

In Gregory's case, attempted murder.

But in Negan's case, murderer.

If she had her way, it would be Negan swinging.

She needs the blacksmith.

He's redeemable, Gregory is not.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Maggie was sending Rick a message when she hung Gregory.

"This is what you do to traitors & murderers"

In Gregory's case, attempted murder.

But in Negan's case, murderer.

If she had her way, it would be Negan swinging.

She needs the blacksmith.

He's redeemable, Gregory is not.

@software  I was very glad to see Gregery go, sick of him!

Honored Contributor

I was glad to see Gregory go, too.

RIck doesn't need any message from Maggie.  Negan's punishment in isolation is sending just as strong a message.

I am not keen on Maggie determining who should live and who should die for the same crime (one instigated, one attempted).  I get she needs the blacksmith but Gregory proved himself time and time again to be a traitor.

Her decision ws not a group decision; she took it upon herself.  As such, she is starting to instill fear just as Negan did.

I'll be glad to see her go, too. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe I actually forgot to watch the show last Sunday.  I have been a die hard fan from day one and I surprised myself by missing a show.  I wonder if that is the beginning of the end for me or just a mistake.  Woman Surprised  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I am finally all caught up and it appears to me there is so much going on it is hard to keep up.  Now that there are so many different groups one has to figure out who is who and who belongs to which.  Maggie needs to take a few steps back.  Jadis is one bad lady.  I'm beginning to think that not only is this Rick's last season, perhaps the whole show should be.  Ratings are in the toilet, people have  lost interest in a show that lasted too long.  Just my opinion but I am still watching, for now.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We learned tonight that Rick will be gone after episode five instead of the original seven.

I understand why Cindy killed the murderer of her brother.  I wonder where the little girl is that was featured with Cindy in several episodes of previous seasons.

Ann is full of surprises.  She has my curiosity to the max by saying to Gabriel that if he stayed with her, they could have a life that he couldn't imagine, must have to do with the helicopter which seems to be keeping track of her.

So Ann is still Jadis to some, the people in the helicopter, a mysterious woman, and since she classified Gabriel as an "A," will she give him to the helicopter guy who demanded an "A," we will see.

I don't remember ever seeing the guy who was in the wagon with Maggie.

So now Rick and Michonne are planning to bring new life into the world,  guess if that happens, she will be raising it without him.

I wonder if somehow Daryl will help Maggie get to Negan, since now Rick is aware of her on her way to Alexandria and thinks he knows why.

When Michonne burst out laughing in the first episode of this season, I realized that it was the first time I heard her laugh, ever, and she has a great laugh.  Now that I think of it, many have never laughed, but then there hasn't been much to laugh about.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

We learned tonight that Rick will be gone after episode five instead of the original seven.

I understand why Cindy killed the murderer of her brother in cold blood.  I wonder where the little girl is that was featured with Cindy in several episodes of previous seasons.

Ann is full of surprises.  She has my curiosity to the max by saying to Gabriel that if he stayed with her, they could have a life that he couldn't imagine, wonder if this has something to do with the helicopter which seems to be keeping track of her.

I thought Ann was part of Rick's group, but if she were, she wouldn't be trading people for food and supplies, so guess she is just out there on her own, a mysterious woman.

So now Rick and Michonne are planning to bring new life into the world,  guess if that happens, she will be raising it without him.

I wonder if somehow Daryl will help Maggie get to Negan, since now Rick is aware of her on her way to Alexandria and thinks he knows why.

When Michonne burst out laughing in the first episode of this season, I realized that it was the first time I heard her laugh, ever, and she has a great laugh.  Now that I think of it, many have never laughed, but then there hasn't been much to laugh about.

I caught that remark too that Rick made to Michonne.  Can't understand anyone wanting to bring a child into such brutal world. Why would the writer's put that in when they know Rick is leaving? 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I understand why Cindy killed the murderer of her brother in cold blood.  I wonder where the little girl is that was featured with Cindy in several episodes of previous seasons.

Ann is full of surprises.  She has my curiosity to the max by saying to Gabriel that if he stayed with her, they could have a life that he couldn't imagine, wonder if this has something to do with the helicopter which seems to be keeping track of her.

I thought Ann was part of Rick's group, but if she were, she wouldn't be trading people for food and supplies, so guess she is just out there on her own, a mysterious woman.

I caught that remark too that Rick made to Michonne.  Can't understand anyone wanting to bring a child into such brutal world. Why would the writer's put that in when they know Rick is leaving? 

@Lindsays Grandma  It sems Rick is feeling way too secure in his "new world," to plan a baby so soon.