Honored Contributor

Re: THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 9

@mousiegirl  Thanks for the thread.  We might need somebody to start a new one each week to keep the discussion simple?

Tag, you're it.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

And I love Jerry. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Anyone catch the commercial on AMC last night with Abraham and Eugene?  Very brief but very cute.  Not sorry to see Gregory go - he was a pain in the butt from his first appearance.  Great scene on the glass floor in the Smithsonian, but how in the world was Ezekiel not bitten????  I agree that Daryl needs a love interest - there has to be SOMEBODY in all those groups for him.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

And I love Jerry. 

@Cakers3So do I!  So loyal, with such a sweet personality. 

Honored Contributor

Neil DeGrasse Tyson, the famous astrophysicist, has a series on NatGeo called StarTalk.  He did an episode on an apocalypse.

If you know him, he is very thorough in his approach to everything.  If you tell him the sky is blue, he will ask you about the laws of nature you used to draw that conclusion.

If you can find it either on TV or the internet, , maybe Youtube, watch it, it's really interesting.

He does a long interview with Robert Kirkman.

When asked about the virus, Kirkman said the story is about Rick Grimes and survival, not about the virus.   So we will probably never know.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson, the famous astrophysicist, has a series on NatGeo called StarTalk.  He did an episode on an apocalypse.

If you know him, he is very thorough in his approach to everything.  If you tell him the sky is blue, he will ask you about the laws of nature you used to draw that conclusion.

If you can find it either on TV or the internet, , maybe Youtube, watch it, it's really interesting.

When asked about the virus, Kirkman said the story is about Rick Grimes and survival, not about the virus.   So we will probably never know.

@software  I think we should be told how the virus began, though having seen Resident Evil, I can draw a conclusion that it was produced in a lab, and escaped somehow, and they became walkers if bitten.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@lmt  They better not touch Michonne.

She also won an award for a play she wrote for off-Broadway.  With her performance in Black Panther and other parts, she might just be able to write her own ticket for Walking Dead.

I don't see her being written out, though.

Odd about the comics-Carol died at the prison, Andrea lived and ended up with Rick, and Michonne was with Ezekiel.

Sophia lived and ended up with Carl, who doesnt' die in the comics.  He actually befriends Negan while Negan is locked up.

I haven't bought comics since my days of reading Archie, Nancy, Little Lulu.  LOL

But there are comparisons between Walking Dead comics and Walking Dead tv online so it's interesting to see how much plays out and how much changes.

@Cakers3  I agree about Michonne, I would hate to see her written out. Never say never though. As her career in movies takes off I wouldn't be surprised to see her leave.

And they better never kill off Carol. She's always been one of the best characters on the show. She started off as a scared abused wife and became a warrior princess.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software wrote:

@software  I think we should be told how the virus began, though having seen Resident Evil, I can draw a conclusion that it was produced in a lab, and escaped somehow, and they became walkers if bitten.

Like Kirkman says, the story is not about the virus.    The story of Rick Grimes parallels the history of man.    The different events & civilizations experienced by Rick is similar to man's journey through history.

The virus is a minor side note, just a catalyst.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@software wrote:

Great thread, read all the  posts.

I agree with everyone, in general, this was a good episode.   It was fun to watch where everyone is after a year and a half post Negan.

But Maggie.    I liked the conversation she had with Rick.   It looks like the Saviors are not going to assimilate.   Maggie is tired of carrying their load.    Seems things for the Hilltop haven't changed much, they are still providing for the Saviors.  I get it, Rick doesn't.  So there's a wedge right there.

Previews of the next episode looks like the Saviors are not with the program.

Daryl wants out and Rick is clueless.    

If I didn't know about Rick Grimes leaving, I wouldn't think twice about the Saviors going bad, or Daryl wanting out & Maggie standing firm.  But now I see while there is still loyalty to Rick, people are not looking to him as a leader.   

If Negan gets his way, Rick's head will be on a stake, he pretty much told Simon as much when Simon suggested all of Alexandria be wiped out.

So will Rick be exiled?    Walker bit?   Leave in the helicopter?

If he dies, it better be epic!

@software  I thought the problem with the Saviors was that their crops failed so they needed supplies from Maggie.

The Whisperers are supposed to be the new bad a**ses. 

If Negan escapes, would the remaining Saviors welcome him back?  Somebody did paint on the walls that they are still Negan, although Daryl had it painted over.

Hmm.

There was talk about crop failure, but after seeing the writing on the wall, literally, I wonder if the failure was deliberate.    There is more wrong with the Saviors than just a crop failure.

Trusted Contributor

Speaking of Daryl in a relationship, I read long ago that the producers thought to make his character ase*ual.  Seems to be the case so far...

I read among the rumor mongers yesterday that Maggie and/or Daryl may kill Rick.  THAT would be a surprise for the ages and would cinch my reasons for giving Maggie a swift kick off the show.   

Honestly, I didn't think I'd like FTWD as much as I did because of all of the new characters, but I really warmed up to them and surprisingly didn't miss Maddie and Nick as much as I thought I would.  In saying that, I hope that TWD's new characters are just as appealing to me so that it will make the departures of some key characters easier to take.  I'm really going to miss Rick as an integral part of the show.