Honored Contributor

Re: THE VOICE RETURNS TONIGHT!

I wonder what happened to the contestant Cody who had to leave the competition, it must have been something serious, who walks away from an opportunity like this? I vaguely remember him, I liked him.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wonder what happened to the contestant Cody who had to leave the competition, it must have been something serious, who walks away from an opportunity like this? I vaguely remember him, I liked him.

@Jordan2  I didn't remember him, but I wondered what happened, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't stand Jennifer last season but she has calmed down and I can tolerate her this time around.  Kelly needs to cool it a bit.  I know she has an exuberant personality but she is overdoing it.  I enjoyed the show a whole lot more when it first started, the contestants were more important than the judges.  Now it appears to be all about the judges first, contestants second.   Don't know if I'll watch the next season, somehow all the bantering between the judges has taken away a lot from the concept of the show.  The judges on America's Got Talent and American Idol banter back and forth but keep it to a minimum and they don't jump on one another's laps and carry on like a bunch of kindergarten kids.  Blake is great, Adam gets a bit wild but keeps it down.  It seems the women judges are the untamed ones.  Sorry, I  am just venting, didn't mean to go on and on.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  I didn't remember him, but I wondered what happened, too.

@NickNack, I was trying to find out why Cody Ray left the show, all I found out was he left for personal reasons. He said he and his family are fine, and we will hear music from him in the future.

Honored Contributor

The Voice always was three nights when choosing the contestants who would move on during the first live shows. They would spilt up the teams two Monday night, two Tuesday night, and result show on Wednesday. This time they had all twenty four contestants sing last night with the results tonight. This just proves to me how much they pad the show with rehearsals and back stories, and judges comments, they were able to get through all the contestants in two hours.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

The Voice always was three nights when choosing the contestants who would move on during the first live shows. They would spilt up the teams two Monday night, two Tuesday night, and result show on Wednesday. This time they had all twenty four contestants sing last night with the results tonight. This just proves to me how much they pad the show with rehearsals and back stories, and judges comments, they were able to get through all the contestants in two hours.

@Jordan2  I thought it felt too rushed last night.  I missed hearing the judges comments.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I was kind of bummed Adam didn't choose Steve to move on (the Ben Affleck look alike), he wasn't the best singer, but he was sure easy on the eyes!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was kind of bummed Adam didn't choose Steve to move on (the Ben Affleck look alike), he wasn't the best singer, but he was sure easy on the eyes!

That's who I wanted him to pick, too, @Jordan2.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately I get to see the shows a day or two late since I have Sling and don't see them live.  Two nights ago I watched during the critical period of who stays and who leaves.  I don't think there was one, well maybe only one, song I recognized.  All I kept thinking was why are the judges choosing such awful songs.  Is it me?  Were the songs they were singing popular songs?  I have been surprised by the public and their choices of who stays, some great talent was sent home.

Kelly got a haircut, hooray, she looks so much better.  So Blake and Gwen are looking for a surrogate so the y can have a child of their own, hmmm.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I started watching fell off and picked it back up last night.

I must admit I was more impressed with the young teen girls wow what a set of pipes they have but so far my favorites are:

Reagan - Team Adam

Kirk -Team Blake

Kennedy - Jennifer

Makenzie - Jennifer

Chevel - Kelly

Anybody else have favorites?