Respected Contributor

@ollie5 wrote:

Really? Hateful women that don t know a thing!

Amen

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Agree, too political and one sided.

One-sided?  The daughters of two conservative politicians are far from shrinking violets.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I proudly watch the show everyday. I get one of my political fixes from their hot topics.

That's sad!!

Just curious why you think it's sad that I like to watch The View?

Valued Contributor

Re: THE VIEW......

[ Edited ]

@HLP wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I proudly watch the show everyday. I get one of my political fixes from their hot topics.

That's sad!!

---

What's sad is that you cannot resist the impulse to insert negativity into a perfectly pleasant thread.

The original post was clearly expressing interest and/or concern about the health of a television host, yet you felt compelled to ensure that everyone knows how you feel about a show you profess not to watch, while in the process implying insult toward those who do enjoy it.

I do not watch The View, although I have seen it a number of times over the years, most recently when Nicole Wallace was on the panel. There are many shows listed on this forum that I do not watch or do not like, but I don't feel the urge to swoop into the thread only to act like my opinion must be heard, irrelevant to the topic as it might be. Most people learn impulse control as children.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Whoopi and really hope she is okay.  She seems to be the only one who can keep everyone in line on that show.  I do know she has a history of URI's and is a heavy smoker, so we can only hope that she is on the mend - if, indeed, she is ill.

OTOH - I have a feeling that she may be in some kind of negotions that have not been settled yet, AND she just isn't showing up and nobody knows what to do or say.  Maybe I'm just reading too much into Joy's  body language and maybe it's just a New York thing we seem to have in common - whatever.

Whoopi is not a stupid person when it comes to business.  She is worth a lot of money ($50 mil from what I've read) and maybe she is ready for a new deal - or maybe not.

Whoopi - if you are sick - get better soon.  I really do miss you.  Things are just not the same on The View - and I think the panel is feeling it too.  It's like they all know something and they are not comfortable.  It's like when you have to tell a lie and you really don't want to.  

Again, another OTOH, if she comes back and thanks everyone for their prayers and good wishes, either her negotiations were favorable, OR she was really sick and has recovered.  Either way, it's a good thing.  I think this is something we will never have the answer to.JMO and I hope things work out for the best - whatever the situation may be......

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I like Whoopi and really hope she is okay.  She seems to be the only one who can keep everyone in line on that show.  I do know she has a history of URI's and is a heavy smoker, so we can only hope that she is on the mend - if, indeed, she is ill.

OTOH - I have a feeling that she may be in some kind of negotions that have not been settled yet, AND she just isn't showing up and nobody knows what to do or say.  Maybe I'm just reading too much into Joy's  body language and maybe it's just a New York thing we seem to have in common - whatever.

Whoopi is not a stupid person when it comes to business.  She is worth a lot of money ($50 mil from what I've read) and maybe she is ready for a new deal - or maybe not.

Whoopi - if you are sick - get better soon.  I really do miss you.  Things are just not the same on The View - and I think the panel is feeling it too.  It's like they all know something and they are not comfortable.  It's like when you have to tell a lie and you really don't want to.  

Again, another OTOH, if she comes back and thanks everyone for their prayers and good wishes, either her negotiations were favorable, OR she was really sick and has recovered.  Either way, it's a good thing.  I think this is something we will never have the answer to.JMO and I hope things work out for the best - whatever the situation may be......

well, we DO have the answer if we choose to believe what they have been saying. i do and have no reason NOT to believe. not sure why a company would say she has a serious illness if she wasnt ill. they could make up a better "lie" than that like "family issues" or an "emergency.". i am taking it at face value and wishing her a healthy recovery......not spreading rumors or creating "conspiracy theories."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Another frequent viewer of the View here.  I like that currently the gals have a wider political view than they did at one time.  The gal who is pregnant with twins is pretty moderate and that helps with some of the other more extreme views.

Abby is actually a conservative R, daughter of John Huntsman, but she expresses herself in a more diplomatic way than others. I wonder if Anna Navarro will take her place when she is on maternity leave. Sarah Haines can't because she's not only got another show, but she too is pregnant. Personally, I wish the show would return to what it once was when it first began: women of different ages and backgrounds discussing contemporary women's issues...very little pollitics at ALL. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE VIEW......

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I don't miss Whoopi at all and think that Joy does a much better job at moderating the show.  Whoopi can barely read her monitor when she is introducing topics and always has gum or a losenge in her mouth whilst laughing at herself because she thinks she is so funny. 

I agree there. Joy is a great moderator, and gets into fewer problems with a certain member of the group when she is moderating. She's a good gate keeper. Sometimes I feel as if Whoopie is just phoning it in and isn't even really engaged at all. Somebody mentioned Whoopie's problems with reading the monitor. I thought I'd point out that she has said many times she is dyslexic. That may be the reason for her struggle.

Esteemed Contributor

Joy announced that she was at Ana Navarro's wedding yesterday.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Joy announced that she was at Ana Navarro's wedding yesterday.  

Who? Whoopie or Joy?