Esteemed Contributor

Where is Whoopi???  She has been out "sick" for over two weeks now and Joy sounds like she is getting a little tired of telling everyone "Whoopi is still sick and will be back soon".... At first, it sounded legit - but now I'm beginning to wonder if there's something else going on - like maybe Whoopi is not coming back?

Has anyone heard anything about her.  At first, they announced that she had pneumonia but then it was just the same ole, same ole.......

Respected Contributor

No reason not to believe she has/had pneumonia.  It can be a long recovery.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Whoopi has been out close to a month. Pneumonia can be very serious, you can die from it. Prior to being out sick, she sounded terrible, but said she was fine and wasn't sick. She probably ignored the clues her body was telling her, that she was sick.

Respected Contributor

I hope Whoopi is back soon.  It just isn't the same show without her.  I believe them when they say she has pneumonia. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Whoopi has been out close to a month. Pneumonia can be very serious, you can die from it. Prior to being out sick, she sounded terrible, but said she was fine and wasn't sick. She probably ignored the clues her body was telling her, that she was sick.

Did you misread my post?  Or are you just agreeing with me lol

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Where is Whoopi???  She has been out "sick" for over two weeks now and Joy sounds like she is getting a little tired of telling everyone "Whoopi is still sick and will be back soon".... At first, it sounded legit - but now I'm beginning to wonder if there's something else going on - like maybe Whoopi is not coming back?

Has anyone heard anything about her.  At first, they announced that she had pneumonia but then it was just the same ole, same ole.......

Before she left she was losing her voice. Then it was announced she had pneumonia. Depending on the type of pneumonia, it could be serious, particularly since she was or still is a smoker and has probably damaged her lungs in the first place.

Honored Contributor

i watch daily and i have no problem with joy giving an update on whoopi. i am sure people are concerned. hope her recovery is going well. she is definitely missed. pneumonia can be very serious, especially as you age. your body is not as resilient as it used to be. no reason for her to come back until she is fully recovered. have enjoyed ana navarro being there more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised anyone still watches "The VIew"! Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Did you misread my post?  Or are you just agreeing with me lol

@VanSleepy , I was agreeing with you by putting my 2 cents in!

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm surprised anyone still watches "The VIew"! Woman Surprised

No surprise to the 3 million or so who watch.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky