Esteemed Contributor

I put The View on today after a long break.... What is up with Sonny Hostin's hair.  Why is it all over her face - almost???  I read an article in today's paper, where they all bicker offstage and none of them get along.....  I wonder how true that is.

Any responses are appreciated.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

@sophiamarie   I like that she & others try different hairstyles, colors, etc.; some I like & some I definitely don't.  & I've read that they all get along well off stage & the drama is saved for the show itself.  I do watch depending on who their guests are.  

Trusted Contributor

I've been to 2 of the tapings in the precovid days.  They are very animated while the camera is on.  But as soon as they go into break they pull out and play on their phones and have little expression and rarely talk to each other.  Some of the producers would come on set and talk to Whoopi about what the next segment was going to be. 

As soon as the countdown to return from commercial appears they hide their phones and look towards the camera and it's all smiles again and very animated.  Also, during commercial breaks no one from the audience was allowed to ask them any questions directly.   

As soon as the show was over they all got up and left.  No interaction with the audience at all. 

Respected Contributor

I will probably be poofed, but I find that show vile and don't like the constant vitriol when they are usually underinformed about the topic. Example, Jill Biden is not an MD, she has her doctorate in education. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the show, but it sounds like they are good actors!

They get paid well to argue, and they know it brings in the ratings!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I will probably be poofed, but I find that show vile and don't like the constant vitriol when they are usually underinformed about the topic. Example, Jill Biden is not an MD, she has her doctorate in education. 

Poor example!!!!   No one ever said she was a medical doctor but having a doctorate in any subject means they are called doctor.  That is a title that anyone receiving a doctorate degree is entitled to!!!.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Poor example!!!!   No one ever said she was a medical doctor but having a doctorate in any subject means they are called doctor.  That is a title that anyone receiving a doctorate degree is entitled to!!!.  

@Pook   Years ago Whoopi referred to the First Lady as a medical doctor.  I was astounded!  Someone on the panel, I think Megan, corrected her.  

I too stopped watching soon after that and don't miss it at all. 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch talk shows any longer.  I realize they talk about many different things, but I tend to stay away from politics and conflicts lately. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, some of us have come to think and feel that the loudest and most polarizing comments are always also the truth.

In my world there is a deep appreciation for the possessor of an EdD, MdM, and othe LEGITIMATE titles for doctoral degrees IN MANY FIELDS. 

Many people with doctorates use them professionally, some use them additionally in social communications, some don't.

I've NEVER encountered ANYONE during many MANY years of contact with degree granting schools, and people possessing advanced degrees, or known ANYONE, who used the titles of their degrees inappropriately. 

Acquiring an advanced degree is typically more vigorous than acquiring other levels of degrees in the same or related subject. I honor those whom I know for getting their degrees. I don't expect all of them to take my tonsils out.

Super Contributor

yup whoopie thought she'd make a good Surgeon General of the US. Not the sharpest pencil