Honored Contributor

Anyone watching? It's terrifying to me and creepy to boot. It's a story about determination in the midst of things gone wrong.

Storyline (from Rotten Tomatoes):

"Set during World War II, the haunting and suspenseful second season of the horror-infused anthology The Terror: Infamy centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese American community, and a young man's journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible. The season chronicles Chester Nakayama and his friends and family from Terminal Island, California, as they face persecution from the American government and battle the evil spirit that threatens their future. The Terror: Infamy tells the often overlooked story of Japanese American internment and asks what it truly means to be an American. From 1942 to 1945, more than 145,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese Canadians were forced from their homes and into internment camps by their respective governments, simply because of where they or their ancestors were born. Their story is one of perseverance in the face of injustice."
Trusted Contributor

Re: THE TERROR: INFAMY on AMC

I have it on my DVR but haven't watched it yet.  Watched it last season and was disappointed because I thought the book was so much better.  Didn't realize it was coming back with a totally new story line this season.

It sounds like something I'd like, looking forward to having time to start watching.

Honored Contributor

There's quite a bit of subtitles in this series. Lots of Japanese dialogue. When they speak English some of the words are Japanese words that may be difficult to understand and what they mean.  I had to google some of the Japanese words to see what they were. It's not a series where you can just listen to it in the background, but one where you have to sit and watch closely.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch this show.  It’s well done and gives me the creeps when you see her face peering out the window.  The scene with the pregnant woman visiting the “midwife” was very creepy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The evil woman in the kimono is a bakemono, an evil shape-shifting spirit ghost, played by a Japanese actress named Kiki Sukezane. I think she is stunningly beautiful. She's 30yo...she looks like she's 12...lol!

CeHqQ_6UEAEnZpG.jpg

Honored Contributor

I liked last season's The Terror and am into this season's also.  This series has its eerie moments and the story line disturbing as it is based on truth.  I am a ghost story fan and look forward to these type shows.  I think this season's The Terror is well done and I hope the series continues..  I also like the fact the stories aren't ongoing but finish each season. I look forwar to future stories.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of this series.  Story line is right up my alley.  I am going to check On Demand to see if Season 1 is there.  I like to start from the beginning.

Thanks for the heads up @SilleeMee 

EDIT:  On Demand AMC wants $$$ for season 1.  AMC website only has 6 episodes out of 10 for FREE viewing.  icon_exclaim.gif

I now see S2 is already up to the 3rd episode.  Oh well, I will wait till S1 is FREE.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Last season was really good. It was a totally different story than the current season 2. The two seasons have nothing in common, other than being about a terrifying thing.

Respected Contributor

This caught my eye in the ads but I thought since it was season 2 I was too late.  Can I watch it without having seen season 1?  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This caught my eye in the ads but I thought since it was season 2 I was too late.  Can I watch it without having seen season 1?  

@Grouchomarx 

Yes, you can watch S2 without worry. It has nothing to do with S1...completely different story and unrelated to one another.