Respected Contributor

Re: THE TERROR: INFAMY on AMC

I loved Season 1 as did my husband.  So far, we're on the fence concerning Season 2.  It seems like things are finally starting to happen with the last episode, though.  I hope by the end of it, that we think it is as good as Season 1 was.

Honored Contributor

Finished binge watching S1 last night.  I did not like it at all.  Kept waiting for this "terror."  A giant polar bear is just not going to do it for me. Smiley Tongue

Last night/early this morning I watched S2 E1.  Now that episode got my attention! 👍🏾 I think I will enjoy catching up the rest of the episodes tonight now that Queen Of The South has ended for the season.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I think 'The Terror' has different meanings for each character in the series. For S2, it's the terror of being badly treated for being of Japanese race. For others it's the fear of  not being accepted by those around them while some others feel that some things around them are evil and out to do harm. Terror is multifaceted. @Mz iMac 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Just from S2 E1, I figured out the Japanese "terror."

The dead womens husband beat her.  "Terror" made him look into the sun rendering him blind.

The fish guy who bought fish from the Japanese took the Japanese father's car & tried to burn down his boat.  "Terror" took care of him!

I knew all along that women in the bordello was "The Terror" before her skin started peeling & she sews herself back up!  I was hooked then!!!

I will be caught up before midnight.

Honored Contributor

Yuko is really confusing me when she takes possession of someone.  Latest episode.......

Spoiler

She possessed a doctor to give her skin grafts from another body.  Yuko's body was on another table.

After the grafting was done, dr kills himself while still possessed & Yuko woke up on the table to continue her quest.

Yuko possessed the Major?  Why?  To find out where Chester is? 

Why didn't she make the Major kill himself?

Where was her body when she possessed the Major?  How did she get back into her body if she make the Major kill himself?  Why not make the Major kill himself?

Last week's episode, Yuko possessed Chester's mom but did not make her kill herself.

Yuko possesses Luz father.  She makes him kill himself. Where is her body?

It's like Yuko picks & chooses who she has kill themselves.

Ok, I know I am making too much of this.  It's a tv show.... Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Yurei...

Spoiler

evil spirits need suicide victims to bridge the gap between the spirit world and the physical one. Yurei come from someone who committed suicide and are trapped here on earth until they can resolve some kind of conflict in the physical world, for example, Chester. He is the Yurei's son so until she gets him back then she will not stop the

haunting.  Yurei don't have a personality. They are a thing of evil with a purpose to haunt the living in order to get resolution for something unfinished in the physical world. Once done then they go away.

Why the major didn't kill himself might be that the Yurei still needs him alive to use him, possibly to find Chester's twin brother...?? 

Honored Contributor

Excellent finale for a series.  Everything was tied up nicely.

I loved how during the credits roll, the real detainees & their families photos who some of the characters were based on and/or were actual detainees themselves were shown.  Including the producers, directors, etc.

Season 2 deserves a few Emmys.

Season 2 was so much better than S1.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think anyone else was watching this @Mz iMac .

I enjoyed it immensely. The end of the final show had me in tears. You might know that I'm from a biracial Japanese-American family. I felt somehow connected to many of their feelings experienced by those characters. Even after the war my mom feared that she could someday be put in one of those camps, though she never had anything to do with them but had friends who were in them. It was a real 'terror' for many of them I'm certain of that.