Respected Contributor

Re: THE SINNER Season 2 coming 8/1

I taped the last show and have not watched yet...but so far this has been an intriguing show with a lot of twists and turns..I can't even imagine what kind of story line Season 2 would bring!

Honored Contributor

I found the ending unlikely. We had been led to believe that the disappearing leader was the father, then somehow, a one time event led to a pregnancy with the father certain while discounting that Marin had been with many men during her time at Mosswood.

It almost seemed that time ran out so a quick conclusion had to be written on the fly. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I found the ending unlikely. We had been led to believe that the disappearing leader was the father, then somehow, a one time event led to a pregnancy with the father certain while discounting that Marin had been with many men during her time at Mosswood.

It almost seemed that time ran out so a quick conclusion had to be written on the fly. 

@occasionalrain, you know they always like to throw in these red herrings to throw you off track. This season wasn't as good as the first one. Why did Vera ask Ambrose all those questions, did she do it for him or herself? I don't even think Ambrose remembered any of it until she sent him the tapes, he would have gained nothing from that "session" had she not turned the tape over to him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was in Vera's nature to control those around her. She made it clear to Ambrose that she succeeded controlling him by leaving him in that motel room after the night in the woods. During that night she had recorded his inner-most feelings and his most vulnerable feelings of wanting to be controlled. She gave him back that tape as her way of saying that she held nothing against him and I think it was also her way of letting Ambrose know that it was okay to have revealed himself to her and that maybe by doing that, it might have given Ambrose some kind of self revelation and a strangely comforting one for him....sort of a burden that was lifted in some sense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would someone explain to me the part with Ambrose?  The reason he likes to be choked during sex?  What the heck happened with his mother?  I know he started the fire. Did his mom sexually abuse him?  And Vera looked undressed during that scene. Help!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalMom wrote:

Would someone explain to me the part with Ambrose?  The reason he likes to be choked during sex?  What the heck happened with his mother?  I know he started the fire. Did his mom sexually abuse him?  And Vera looked undressed during that scene. Help!

@CalMom  All I know is that Vera did have a dress on because she raised up and sat back, lol, but at first, I thought so too.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@CalMom  All I know is that Vera did have a dress on because she raised up and sat back, lol, but at first, I thought so too.

Must have been a spaghetti strap dress?  I actually thought it was a slip or bra realizing she would not be completely naked. Det Ambrose did have a shirt on.

However, can you explain why she was gaging him... as they weren't having sex.  And what does Det Ambrose's mother have to do with the gaging?  What am I missing? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Ambrose's mother was mentally ill. She never showed him love or affection and he hated that about her. He suffered seeing his mother that way and he wanted it to end so he started that fire in an effort to make the situation go away. His guilt for his actions as a young boy became a struggle for him as he grew older. The way he coped was to be controlled with pain. For some people this kind of desire for painful control is what they need to feel helpless so they don't have to struggle any more with their guilt. 'Tie me up so I can be free' 

Honored Contributor

GO HERE for an explanation of Season 2 ending of this show!  SPOILER ALLERT!

http://collider.com/the-sinner-season-2-ending-explained/

GO HERE for an explanation as to why Ambrose does what he does in Season 1:

SPOILER ALLERT!

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/the-sinner-ending-explained-finale-mean/

Honored Contributor

Questions unansered:

1 - Did Ambrose tell Vera who Julian's father is or did she already know?

2 - Did Ambrose tell Julian who his real father is & that Detective Heather is his half sister?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif