Honored Contributor

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY

[ Edited ]

Season 10 begins tomorrow night, I will be watching, anyone else still interested?

Respected Contributor

Re: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY

My DVR has it set for Wed. I got OC for tonight. Whatever I am watching the Wives. Theresa was in court trying to get Joe to come in US for visits but we will see how the court decides. She & girls go to Italy soon and her Dad is over Italy visiting Joe. I do think their marriage is over but they will parent together with the girls. Can't wait for new season. 

Respected Contributor

I watched OC tonight.  Looking forward to NJ.  If it is on Wednesday, then it will be Dallas AND NJ?  That's a lot of HW's!!

I was hoping NJ would be Thursday to replace the departing Millionaire Listings-NYC since they had their finale last week.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Does anyone else think these shows are about anything else but "real"? They aren't real!

We live in the nicest neighborhood in our town and the women are real women who take care of their families, many work outside the home, volunteer in their children's schools, their churches and civic organizations.  They also do their own hair, except for a trip to the hair salon every now and then and apply their own makeup.  

Perhaps these housewife shows could be called "The Lifestyle of Very Wealthy Women." The NY bunch are or were all single in the last season, how are they even considered to be housewives? 

Respected Contributor

Would not waste a min of my life watching these trashy women! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Does anyone else think these shows are about anything else but "real"? They aren't real!

We live in the nicest neighborhood in our town and the women are real women who take care of their families, many work outside the home, volunteer in their children's schools, their churches and civic organizations.  They also do their own hair, except for a trip to the hair salon every now and then and apply their own makeup.  

Perhaps these housewife shows could be called "The Lifestyle of Very Wealthy Women." The NY bunch are or were all single in the last season, how are they even considered to be housewives? 

@this is my nic  These are ‘Reality Shows’ nothing about them or has ever been real. All of them. Scripted to the ninth degree.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised it's still on the air.  I remember when it first came on years ago and I watched maybe the first few seasons...after about the third or so I became bored with watching.  All they ever did is either fight or trash talk each other and nothing was ever really new.

I also don't understand how they could be called "housewives" if some of them are single?

Respected Contributor

Most of them start out married, but get separated or divorced sometime down the road.  Technically I guess we could say Theresa is separated from Joe due to legal circumstances.  Then we have those two newbies from last season, they're both married.  Delores is divorced from Frank but they still see a lot of each other.  (I get a kick out of him and her son Frankie).  Danielle (if she is back, and I think she is), was married and divorced numerous times.  Margaret is married (luv her).  And Melissa is married to Theresa's brother Joe.

Not sure how I got hooked on these shows but hooked I am.  I actually look forward to seeing them during the week.  But I also lose an hour of my life most days watching The View.  A glutton for punishment I am!!Cat LOL

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I don't live in large mansions going to parties with expensive dresses. I do download coupons watch grocery sales & visit the dollar tree. Oh they all go on expensive vacations, I went to Canda & Mexcio once does that count?

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN  gave up the view but heard Barbara isn't doing well at all. She has no idea what is going on & never leaves her apt. So sad.