Respected Contributor

Re: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY

@sissel wrote:

@jellyBEAN  gave up the view but heard Barbara isn't doing well at all. She has no idea what is going on & never leaves her apt. So sad. 

Years back before she actually left the show, you could tell she was showing signs of faltering.  I can only imagine that by this point she has severe dementia or alzheimer's.  The only fortunate thing is that she's made enough $$ during her lifetime to be able to afford to stay in her apt. and receive the care she needs.  It is very sad.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Barbara turned 90 a few months ago.

Respected Contributor

Episode of 1/22/20.  Boy these ladies sure can dish it up and serve it hot Woman Surprised

I'm actually getting to finally like Jackie.  I agree w/her about discussing $$$.  I grew up never asking anyone personal questions about their money situation.  It just was not done.  Her home in the Hamptons was lovely.  Right on the ocean.  How dare Jennifer (as a guest), mouth off the way she did to her host.  However, she did this on the first season she was on, when they took the trip to Oklahoma and she had no kind words for that host either.  She's very into appearances.  VERY VERY!!!

But Margaret was the pot stirrer.  She let Jackie know what Jennifer had said about her being stingy, only having pizza for her kids at a Birthday party instead of a catered extravaganza.  On WWHL Margaret claimed she didn't know that by spilling the beans about what Jennifer had said about Jackie, it would cause an all out war.  Baloney!!  She knew.  I do like Margaret.  You know they are ALL stirring the pot.  Delores.  Jennifer.  Margaret.  Melissa.

As far as Jennifer now considering purchasing a beach house, I would think she should furnish the large home she has now.  It looks so empty and the furniture she does have is awful imo.  Margaret's house also looks odd to me.  If her husband is a contractor, who never seems to be working, why isn't he working on their house?  It looks so dated, messy, disorganized and run down.  I also think Margaret is in the wrong w/playing the victim as far as Danielle goes.  Who pours drinks on people?  and this happened more than once.  I don't know I guess its all for the cameras and to engage in drama.  It sure is dramatic, and like a train wreck, I have to watch.  Woman Embarassed

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Episode of 1/22/20.  Boy these ladies sure can dish it up and serve it hot Woman Surprised

I'm actually getting to finally like Jackie.  I agree w/her about discussing $$$.  I grew up never asking anyone personal questions about their money situation.  It just was not done.  Her home in the Hamptons was lovely.  Right on the ocean.  How dare Jennifer (as a guest), mouth off the way she did to her host.  However, she did this on the first season she was on, when they took the trip to Oklahoma and she had no kind words for that host either.  She's very into appearances.  VERY VERY!!!

But Margaret was the pot stirrer.  She let Jackie know what Jennifer had said about her being stingy, only having pizza for her kids at a Birthday party instead of a catered extravaganza.  On WWHL Margaret claimed she didn't know that by spilling the beans about what Jennifer had said about Jackie, it would cause an all out war.  Baloney!!  She knew.  I do like Margaret.  You know they are ALL stirring the pot.  Delores.  Jennifer.  Margaret.  Melissa.

As far as Jennifer now considering purchasing a beach house, I would think she should furnish the large home she has now.  It looks so empty and the furniture she does have is awful imo.  Margaret's house also looks odd to me.  If her husband is a contractor, who never seems to be working, why isn't he working on their house?  It looks so dated, messy, disorganized and run down.  I also think Margaret is in the wrong w/playing the victim as far as Danielle goes.  Who pours drinks on people?  and this happened more than once.  I don't know I guess its all for the cameras and to engage in drama.  It sure is dramatic, and like a train wreck, I have to watch.  Woman Embarassed

I agree with you that Margaret definitely stirred the pot between Jennifer and Jackie.  I think Jennifer meant to keep that comment about the pizza quiet between her & Margaret.  It was not necessary to bring that up when Jennifer went to the bathroom.  I don't agree with how Jennifer probes somebody else about their finances but in my opinion she was thrown under the bus here by Margaret.

Respected Contributor

When Jennifer asked Jackie if she minded the questions she was asking and Jackie replied she did, right then the subject matter and discussion should have ended. Jennifer would not let the matter go and revealed her thoughts to Margaret who then told everyone. Margaret knew better then to do this and any explanation for doing so is not acceptable. She did not tattle because she cared about what was said and thought everyone should be aware of what Jennifer was saying, she did so to stir the pot, again.

Jennifer's remarks concerning the birthday party Jackie had were mean and uncalled for.

Jennifer likes to show off and does things to expose the money she has. She does not like when someone has more and is envious.

Jackie is a savvy woman and was right and really did not need to answer any questions concerning her finances. She handled the situation nicely.

These women have no girl code when it comes to confidences, but without the drama there would be no show.