Honored Contributor

Re: THE LITTLE COUPLE RETURNS TONIGHT

The kids seem brattier this year than they were last year.  I don't understand why the parents laugh when the kids say or do something naughty.  Is it nervousness?  Do they not want to correct them on camera?  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon,

The biggest thing that gets to me about Jen when she’s around her kids, is that she never shuts up!   She drones on and on like a college lecture series, and the kids don’t pay any attention to what she says.   

If my parents had a speech for me, they sat me down and said what they had to say, knowing I was listening.   They didn’t stand in the middle of the room and talk while I was running around screeching at the top of my voice, climbing all over the furniture.   Both of my parents had a tone in their voice that would stop my brothers and I in our tracks in an instant.  

To this day, my mother has a way of saying my name that makes me freeze and dread what’s coming next, and I’m 63 years old!

Valued Contributor

Can you just imagine being a grandparent to one of these kids?  I'd have to divorce myself!!  On top of it Bill ate some nuts and just shrugged his shoulders.  It's nuts!!  They are all 'out of control' !!!

Trusted Contributor

Entitled children. I like the show, but the kids behavior is really crazy. And Bill did not help when he ate the nuts. I wonder how they are in school?  It surely makes me appreciate the way the outdaughtered parents discipline their kids. 

Respected Contributor

I watched on and off.  When the realtor asked Jen what she wanted in a house she said a 2-story.  Why?  A single story would eliminate the need for an elevator.  So many homes today have the master on the first floor with the remainder of the bedrooms upstairs.  I would think with young, inquisitive children, you'd want them on the same floor with the parents.

Another thing I didn't understand, why would you look at homes out of your price range?

Isn't there a nanny? Why did Grandma make those huge, (burnt) M&M filled, individual pancakes?  Clearly Zoe could never eat that much and Will will battle his weight all his life.

Honored Contributor

I like this show, but those two kids were running wild in someone else's house, and Jen & Bill, didn't seem to mind, especially the part going in & out of the people's clothes with their dirty hands!  Helping themselves to the nuts, wasn't that big of deal to me, the owners should not have left the nuts out!  I think people should not take kids along to view prospective houses, get a sitter!

Valued Contributor

This is just another scripted reality show.  I'm sure the homeowners were compensated for any damage done by those 2 brats.  I gave up on this show a couple of years ago.  I used to love Jen and Bill and their relationship.  I just can't tolerate those 2 undisciplined kids.  When this show is over in a  couple of years, those 2 kids will sink into oblivion.  Just feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with them, teachers, service people, etc.  But then again, maybe they're just extra bratty for the show and told by the producers to cause a scene.  But they can do it without me watching.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

20 minutes in and I’m changing the channel.   Between Zoeys potty mouth at the table, and the kids running wild at the first house they toured, I’m done.   Jen and Bill still don’t have a firm grip on parenting, and when Will got into the nuts on the counter in someone else’s house because “he was hungry”, did it for me.   That kid is never content, or manageable, unless he’s eating.

I wonder if  Will has Willi  Prader syndrome.....Jen said they have to keep him away from food or he would never stop.  

Frequent Contributor

Jen is a doctor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure that everyone criticizing Jen and Bill's handling of their children, were perfect first time parents

Bill and Jen are new at this, and are learning as they go, and the kids seem perfectly normal to me.  I did think that Jen should have put Zoe on a chair for time out, because it didn't bother her to leave the table as she just played with her toys.

I find the children loving, and when Bill or Jen reprimands them, they obey.  I do also think that before they go out somewhere, the children should be told what behavior is unacceptable, maybe they are but kids that young forget quickly.

I think the kids get too much sugar, but parents raise their children as they see fit, and as time goes on, they learn what works best and apply it.

It is a good thing that the majority of parents are not viewed to receive such nasty criticism of themselves and their children, whom nobody in the viewing audience knows.

They probably act up for the camera, which would be typical childish behavior.

From what I see, Bill and Jen seem to be wonderful parents, and any child would be lucky to have them as parents.  I hope that when the show ends, there will be a way to follow the progress, bet the kids will really amount to something.