Honored Contributor

Re: THE LITTLE COUPLE RETURNS TONIGHT

No one has said anything about perfection.  There's no such thing.

I would disagree that they are wonderful parents (in front of the camera anyway.)

Honored Contributor

@deeva  I agree with you that the kids are out of control.  I watched the new 1 hr. show last night and was surprised at their behavior.  Both parents need to put their foot down and instill more discipline.  Zoey is not as bad as Will.  Will is a wild child and they better get a grip on it now before he grows and get stronger.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@pennysmom,

Yes, Jen is a Doctor; a highly respected pediatric neonatologist.     Her specialty makes her very marketable in the hospital network.

I have no doubt that Dr. Jen Arnold knows her stuff when it comes to caring for sick babies.   She will be able to go far in this specialty.   

Last season Bill’s mother taught Jen to make meatballs and as knowledgeable as she is as a doctor, Jen is pretty clueless in the kitchen.   She had a beautiful kitchen in the TX house, but never looked like she knew what she was doing in there.  I seem to remember her overcooking part of Bill’s birthday meal last season and making reference to the fact they should’ve gone out to eat.   

I have 2 daughters like Jen Arnold; they excel in their career choices, but have no great interest in being a homemaker, and mother.   My daughters can cook what they like to eat, but have no interest in cooking meals for anyone.   My daughters also have absolutely no interest in having children, and because they have never once shown a motherly type of interest, I never wanted to see them with children.   My girls are strictly career minded people, and I much prefer they stick to what they know, rather than take on responsibilities that are not of priority to them.   I am glad my daughters never felt like they had to fulfill any expectations other than their own.     

Honored Contributor

What I found interesting is that the house Jen liked the least, in fact she actually said she couldn't live there, is the house they ended up buying.  It will be interesting to see how all that came about in upcoming shows.  I'm sure they renovated it to their liking, but I am surprised they bought it when she was so adamant about not liking it.

Frequent Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

What I found interesting is that the house Jen liked the least, in fact she actually said she couldn't live there, is the house they ended up buying.  It will be interesting to see how all that came about in upcoming shows.  I'm sure they renovated it to their liking, but I am surprised they bought it when she was so adamant about not liking it.

When I saw that house I thought it looked like the one they finally bought.  Jen did go on and on about how it was totally not her taste and she would not be comfortable living in such a large home.  So I figured they must have purchased another house that just looked a lot like that one.  Was she just adding conflict to the situation for the sake of the show or what?  Was that the house that they said was way over their budget - I can't remember...

Honored Contributor

@rolen  No, the house that was way over budget was the one she LOVED.  In addition to it being way over budget was the elevator issue, if I remember correctly.  I don't think there was a place to put the elevator.  As others have stated, I don't know why they weren't specifically looking for a single story home.  Elevator issues notwithstanding, there are still concerns with having bedrooms all on different levels.  When my kids were little I wanted everyone on the same floor.  

The Mediterranean style home they bought has an elevator in it so I guess they were ok with it.  I am certain they will re-do it to their taste.  I actually live in a Mediterranean style home but the interior, although it has the Mediterranean architectural elements, is very open and "light", and the color scheme is neutral and soothing.  It can be done!!

Honored Contributor

The medical facility that recruited Jen for their medical director position has likely offered a large relocation allowance in the deal to entice, and help facilitate this move for her and her family.    

I know the range of what my local hospital paid to recruit specialty physicians, and expect Jens offer was a hefty six figure amount.   

Honored Contributor

@rolen wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

When I saw that house I thought it looked like the one they finally bought.  Jen did go on and on about how it was totally not her taste and she would not be comfortable living in such a large home.  So I figured they must have purchased another house that just looked a lot like that one.  Was she just adding conflict to the situation for the sake of the show or what?  Was that the house that they said was way over their budget - I can't remember...

@rolen  It was the house that Bill liked and tried to persuade Jen, guess he succeeded.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl - they aren't so new to parenting.  Will is 8 and Zoey is 7.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@mousiegirl - they aren't so new to parenting.  Will is 8 and Zoey is 7.

@CelticCrafter  Will just turned seven, was adopeted at 3 years old.  Zoe is five.  Parenting is a continual learning experience.