Honored Contributor

THE LION KING live-action movie teaser trailer

[ Edited ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbLXeGSDxg

*in theaters summer 2019

*from the director-producer of the 2016 film "The Jungle Book"

Future king: This live-action version of The Lion King comes from director Jon Favreau, using the same kind of motion-capture technology he used to bring the animals in his 2016 adaptation of The Jungle Book to life

Pride Rock: 'One day, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king,' Mufasa says

Big paws to fill: This first look also shows the young Simbaa stepping into the full-grown paw print of his father Mufasa, as he says that, one day, his reign will come to an end

Honored Contributor

Re: 'The Lion King' 2019 LIVE ACTION trailer :)

@feline groovy

”Everything the light touches....”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
QVC Customer Care

Re: THE LION KING live-action movie teaser trailer

I can't wait to see this movie and Aladdin. From the previews, it seems like Disney will hopefully stay true to the original cartoons. @feline groovy

Honored Contributor

@AnjalenaQVC wrote:

I can't wait to see this movie and Aladdin. From the previews, it seems like Disney will hopefully stay true to the original cartoons. @feline groovy

Looks great, just saw trailer on the news.  NiceSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

Wow! Nice!

Love James Earl Jones voice.

Thanks @feline groovy.

Honored Contributor

I'm already assuming whoever did the editing on this will win the Academy Award for editing next year. Even with modern digital editing tools, creating that movie from raw footage of largely uncooperative animals was likely a nightmare. I'm betting whoever did it has vowed "never again!" It's absurdly complicated to make a live action movie with wild animals in small numbers. To do so with large numbers of animals is crazy. Knowing it will be compared to, and judged against an animated film where animators had no restrictions, just adds to the stress level. Whoever put it all together deserves the Oscar regardless of the box office success or failure. It's a staggering challenge to undertake.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy@gardenman@blueluna@sunshine 919@AnjalenaQVC

that little fluffy baby Simba! How cute!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~