Honored Contributor

THE KEEPERS....anyone watching?

we probably cannot discuss this documentary mini-series that much, but is anyone watching this? it is on netflix.

since this happened in baltimore, it has been getting a lot of coverage here.....both the mini-series and the original crimes.

i have not started it yet, but my mother has been watching and she said it is quite disturbing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE KEEPERS....anyone watching?

I watched it, while interesting in parts, I found they were just rehashing the same material over and over.  Also thought it was very slow moving in parts (1:30 minutes watching someone make a cup of tea). 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Regular Contributor

Yes, I watched a few episodes and agree it is difficult to watch, but will continue.I too am interested especially since my daughter has been house hunting in Catonsville area.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45  Yes, I am watching it. I grew up in that faith, wanted to be a nun at one point in my life. I have relatives that are nuns. I am disgusted with the "investigation" by the police and what the diocese did and didn't do. I haven't finished it yet. It is slow moving and a lot ot time taken up with filler shots of making tea, walking etc. The pain those women went through and still are is so upsetting. I can't imagine the pain Sister Cesnik's family went through either.  I am hoping at the end of this documentary, there is some justice for all those affected by this.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

To long and drawn out. Tragic what happened this isn't the only one. More than sure to this day remains haven for sexual perps. Nothing except changing the entire way business is done with the church and other organizations. Survivor myself lives are destroyed. You never can erase memories. Encourage everyone be alert.
Honored Contributor

they are now investigating father maskell further for the time he spent in ireland.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-maskell-ireland-20170605-story.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I wish we had Netflix. I would like to see this documentary.

Honored Contributor

update.....

http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/anne-arundel-county/wmar-uncovers-video-of-key-moment-in-the-kee...

The tape containing that video of the dig at HOLY CROSS CEMETARY has been on a shelf in a storage room at ABC2 News, most likely since the day it was shot, August 10th, 1994.