Esteemed Contributor

The Keepers is a true story that I started to watch Thursday evening.  I'm almost sorry I did but now that I am into it I will watch until the end.   All I can say is that it is outrageous and something that never should  have happened and God only knows how many other stories similar to this one took place. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma what is the story about?I only watch true stories so I will check that one out.I don’t like to see anything too sad or scary though especially when I know that it  actually occurred.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dexhere is the synopsis below.  We started to watch it last year; we watched a few episodes and stopped it.  But TBH we aren't really into watching true crime shows.

Netflix's latest docuseries tackles the unsolved murder of Cathy Cesnik, a beloved nun and Catholic high school teacher in Baltimore. After disappearing on Nov. 7, 1969, Cesnik's body was found nearly two months later -- but to this day, the killer remains unnamed. In the '90s, the case returned to the spotlight after one of Cesnik's former students accused the high school's chaplain of s*xual abuse, and claims that she was taken to Cesnik's then undiscovered corpse and threatened. Director Ryan White pieces together the story through conversations with friends, relatives, journalists, government officials and Baltimore citizens, hoping to uncover the truth.

Respected Contributor

This individual was placed at our parish for a brief time. I was probably 7 at the time so I wouldn’t remember. Betting my folks and the neignborhood didn’t know about him either. Those of us that did attend, all went to the same Catholic grade school.  Apparently, as all these stories have surfaced, it happened a lot.  

We used to clean the nuns convent when we were in 8th grade (dust, vaccume). Everyone got a rotation and it was a spooky, dark place. Can only imagine what horrors took place in there or the rectory. My friends and I only had to clean one time and that was enough for me. Like being in a tomb.  Here I am 63 years old and remember it so well.  Just totally nuts.  

Respected Contributor

It's a very disturbing scenario.  Thank goodness for all the good people keeping the investigation alive.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma what is the story about?I only watch true stories so I will check that one out.I don’t like to see anything too sad or scary though especially when I know that it  actually occurred.

@dex...I think it would be best for you to check it out.  The description of the story might be offensive to some people.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam