Honored Contributor

THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER TCM TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

11:45pm ET. TCM

A sad movie I first saw at the movie theater when it came out in 1968. It took me days and days to not be sad about it.

Excellent acting by Alan Arkin as a deaf and mute person. Also starring Sondra Locke.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER TCM TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

It stars Alan Arkin, not Alda, a young Cicely Tyson has a small role. . 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It stars Alan Arkin, not Alda, Cicely Tyson is also in it. 

@Shelbelle Oops I meant Arkin. I'll fix it. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I may no longer get TCM, but my movie trivia is still prertty sharp, at least something still is, LOL !!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I may no longer get TCM, but my movie trivia is still prertty sharp, at least something still is, LOL !!!

@Shelbelle  I even pictured Arkin as he looked in the film in my mind as I typed my OP and wondered whether his actor son Adam had been born yet when the film was made. I knew it was Arkin, just typed Alda.

Honored Contributor

I would say Alda was still an unknown in 1968, but Arkin had already a few good films under his belt like Wait Until Dark and Popi. I love him now in Kominsky Method on Netflix with Michael Douglas, they are fabulous together, Arkin is so deadpan, he never smiles, just plays an 80 year old with problems. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I would say Alda was still an unknown in 1968, but Arkin had already a few good films under his belt like Wait Until Dark and Popi. I love him now in Kominsky Method on Netflix with Michael Douglas, they are fabulous together, Arkin is so deadpan, he never smiles, just plays an 80 year old with problems. 

@Shelbelle  Well for the last time, I was not thinking Alda was in this film, I merely typed the wrong name when I meant Arkin. Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  Well for the last time, I was not thinking Alda was in this film, I merely typed the wrong name when I meant Arkin. Sheesh!

I certainly get that, I was just trying to make friendly conversation with you about Alda and Arkin, now I am sorry that I did.