Honored Contributor

THE HANDMAID'S TALE

[ Edited ]

I saw the movie on PBS several weeks ago, then discovered that it was a three season series, so bought it on ebay, and just finished watching as I have a bad knee so had to keep it elevated, great chance to watch this.

I was a bit disappointed in the ending, wanted all of them to escape, but I will just believe that they did since everything was beginning to fall apart where they were held captive.

Loved that the two monsters were captured, and that the wife was being held responsible, no better than him, they were in it from the get-go.

Valued Contributor

Just to let you know, it hasn’t ended yet.

There’s at least one more season yet to be screened.

Valued Contributor

I had zero interest in this series.  We subscribed to Hulu to watch Little Fires Everywhere so we decided to watch an episode of The Handmaid's Tale to see what he thought.  Boy was I wrong.  It's great!!

Honored Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

Just to let you know, it hasn’t ended yet.

There’s at least one more season yet to be screened.

@Pagan  When I googled, there are The Handmaid's Tale and Handmaid's Tale, so it is confusing, but will see, I hope there is more.

Trusted Contributor

The new season starts April 28th.  I was disappointed in last season. The previews for the new one look good,  a lot happens. 

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

The new season starts April 28th.  I was disappointed in last season. The previews for the new one look good,  a lot happens. 

@TurnerGal   I have only seen Season 1, 2, and 3, so it is 3 you didn't like?

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

@TurnerGal   I have only seen Season 1, 2, and 3, so it is 3 you didn't like?

There were a few good episodes but a few not so good.  I think I will go back and take a look and refresh my mind with what happened.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl , I look forward to its return this month!  S

Trusted Contributor

Well I watched the three that dropped today.  I have to say I am with this show until the end.  There is this season and next season.  I was hoping things would have advanced more.  I won't spoil things,  but it's much of the same,  depressing and June getting tortured.  I hope this season can move forward.