Honored Contributor

Went to see this movie today.  Hugh Jackman and Michele Williams were great.  I love that musicals are coming back.  

Honored Contributor

I don't want to see anything that has to do with a circus, an industry that should have been abolished long ago for its cruelty to animals.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne  DH & I saw the movie 🎥 & we loved it too!!

Trusted Contributor

I loved the movie also!!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Went to see this movie today.  Hugh Jackman and Michele Williams were great.  I love that musicals are coming back.  

Very few movies I want to pay to see, but this is definitely one of them.  I do enjoy musicals.  Last movie I paid to see was Beauty and the Beast which was a musical.  Not a fan of action movies, or movies that think the only way they can communicate is by cursing.  Glad to see musicals are comiing back too.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne I have not seen the movie yet. My daughter and one of my friends, both saw it and loved it. I've been listening to the music and watching the live videos. If you're interested in watching the two live videos on youtube that I think are really good, they are: The Greatest Showman/"From Now On" with Hugh Jackman/ 20th Century Fox and The Greatest Showman/"This Is Me" with Keala Settle/29th Century Fox. On an interview with Hugh Jackman, he said he had a lot of stitches in his nose (I thought he said 70 but I could be wrong) from a cancerous lesion removed and at the end of this song, his nose started bleeding. You can just about see it, at the end of the song, when he apologizes to Keala. He was obviously, really into it! I think he is great whether he is singing or dancing.  

My favorite was when he was on B'way playing Peter Allen (The Boy From Oz a musical). Some of those videos are on you tube. I always watch Peter Allen videos. I think he was fantastic! I met Peter Allen probably about 48 years ago when he was with Liza Minelli. I went on a double date with them to a club in the city. He hardly spoke at all. Really shy in person. Liza talked a lot. I live in the city and Liza lives in my apt building. I ran into her in the elevator about 3 years ago and mentioned that occasion. She said something really weird but sweet. It didn't make sense but again, she was very sweet. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Went to see it last week with a friend and really enjoyed it.  I'm a big Hugh Jackman fan and I've seen Michelle Williams in Manchester By The Sea and All The Money In The World and I think she's a fabulous actress.  Go see it!

Honored Contributor

Love the music. ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

My 15yo went with her friends and they all LOVED it.  I picked them up from the theater and they were all singing on the way home.

Trusted Contributor

Aside from circuses being cruel to animals, PT Barnum was basically a garbage person who they whitewashed for this film.  Also, when I saw a commercial for it, it made me think of how Moulin Rouge would have been had Joel Schumacher directed it.  In other words, bad.  It's hilarious to me that they released it at the end of the year as Oscar bait, yet it only got one nomination for best song.  In a world where facts and truth are negotiable, I'm happy to see that so many have had good minds to reject this piece of trash.