Respected Contributor

Re: THE GOOD WIFE - ""Trust Issues"" (S6/Ep02) - 09.28.2014

Trying to bail Cary out of jail, Alicia nearly gets a second mortgage on her condo approved by the bank, but the bank requires Peter’s signature, because the condo is in both of their names. What Lawyer would not know this? Why did the writer's make her look so dumb?

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 MarLoCat said:

Trying to bail Cary out of jail, Alicia nearly gets a second mortgage on her condo approved by the bank, but the bank requires Peter’s signature, because the condo is in both of their names. What Lawyer would not know this? Why did the writer's make her look so dumb?

Because they wanted to waste air time like the whole first episode was. A bunch of running around accomplishing nothing. Maybe they couldn't think of anything better to write?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 jaxs mom said:

Because they wanted to waste air time like the whole first episode was. A bunch of running around accomplishing nothing. Maybe they couldn't think of anything better to write?

ITA! {#emotions_dlg.lol} TGW was one of my favorite shows to watch...Not so much this Year.

Honored Contributor

I know I wouldn't were it real life, but on the show I like the drug dealer. I think it's because he (like you guys said) isn't trying to pass himself off as something he isn't.

It doesn't hurt that he is amazing to look at.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why his name was on the mortgage in the 1st place. Didn't she buy that place while he was still in prison & she had to go to work to support the family?

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 aubnwa01 said:

I don't understand why his name was on the mortgage in the 1st place. Didn't she buy that place while he was still in prison & she had to go to work to support the family?

No she didn't. She didn't buy it until later when the building went co op.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 aubnwa01 said:

Miller-Siegel, it's Alicia Florrick.
It's missus, actually.
I-I'm sorry.
It's loud in here.
(Loud clattering, shouting) Mrs.
Florrick, I am happy to inform you that Certified National Bank has approved - your second mortgage loan.
- Oh, good! Great.
How quickly can we close? As soon as tomorrow, if you'd like.
I'll messenger over the documents for you and your husband to sign.
Okay, I'll be Uh, my husband? (Loud clattering) Well, yes, the apartment is co-owned by your husband.
- Isn't that right? - Um, well, yes, technically.
But he-he isn't a full-time occupant.
Yes, that doesn't matter.
I'll still need his signature, too, given he's listed as a co-tenant.
Alicia, Valerie Jarrett's on line three.
I'm sorry.
What? A Valerie Jarrett is on line three for you.
Mrs.
Florrick? Um, I'm sorry, can you hold for one second? Certainly.
Valerie Jarrett at the White House Valerie Jarrett? She didn't say.
You want me to ask? No.
W-What's it regarding? I have no idea, she just asked to speak to you.
Mr.
(tools bang) Mrs.
Miller, uh, Siegel, can I call you back in a second? - I'll be here until 5:00.
- Thank you.