Respected Contributor

Re: THE GOOD WIFE possible spoiler

I thought this episode was terrible. It was like they were making it up as they went along.

Respected Contributor

I didn't like last night's episode either, thought it was boring. And, I hope this whole thing with Canning (Michael J Fox) ends soon - it adds nothing to the show.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I disliked it a lot. It was a big Who Cares full of nonsense filler. I dislike soul searching made public, don't care much for it privately either.

Trusted Contributor

I think the writers have run out of ideas. That's the only explanation I have for how ridiculous last night's episode was. Either that or they think it's ""creative"" to bore the audience for an hour. It reminds me of a student film maker trying to being a French New Wave artist. I also hate when they slip in long ""musical interludes"" in drama series because the writer can't think up dialogue.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if the show is setting up a meltdown for Alicia...

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me, that others had issues with it, also.
Respected Contributor

I didn't hate it, but it was confusing, definitely.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 javala said:

I really thought last night was good too me it was about soul searching, and I guess others who of a another wave, might call it Reflection of where their life is going and is it worth it?

At first I was trying to figure it out, than I realized she was weighting things out pros and cons.... as well as questioning many things she held dear and if there was something else that she might be missing...

Both her and her opponent longed for more honesty in elections he was SS she was a non believer, but yet something within them wish not have to hide their difference or short comings in order to win....

What a breath of fresh air if the world could operate on those terms...

Voters want honesty, yet they still want to be judgmental, instead of judging people on their merit and character.

Esteemed Contributor

So I'm watching it right now - I don't mind it. "Modern Family" did a similar (but different) episode that focused on Claire and social media. That jumped around a lot too. Interesting to see how their minds work. (Although, I really with Josh Charles would have shown up for a cameo)

The one thing that I didn't understand - and it may just be that I don't know - is that don't PACs need to report large donors? I guess I've just seen it reported a few places where it was relevant to me and I just assumed. But, maybe, people contribute for the anonymity?

Respected Contributor

I didn't like the show either and I'm not enjoying Season 3 of the House of Cards, so far I've watched 7 episodes. I'm sure it's hard to keep a show at "the top of it's game". I can barely write a good paragraph let alone a script for a show, so I won't critize the writes. Maybe there is only so much you can do, so far that you can go, only so many ways to tell a story. I look at it this way, maybe it will improve or it was good while it lasted.