Super Contributor

THE GOOD WIFE - Another Major Character Is Departing (SPOILER!!!!!!!!)

Archie Panjabi Set To Exit The Good Wife

Oct 15, 2014 by Liz Raftery | tvguide.com

/></p> <div id=Archie Panjabi

The Good Wife is preparing to say goodbye to another major character.

Archie Panjabi, who has played Kalinda Sharma on the CBS drama since Season 1 and won an Emmy for the role, will depart the series when her contract is up at the end of Season 6, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Panjabi has inked a development deal with 20th Century Fox Television, under which she'll star in a drama pilot next spring.

"Archie is an amazing actress who helped build Kalinda from the ground up as an enigmatic, powerful and s*xy character," Good Wife showrunners Robert and Michelle King said in a statement. "It's been a pleasure to write for her, and we'll be sad to see her go; but we still have her for the rest of season six, so let's not exhaust our goodbyes yet. We look forward to meeting all the wonderful new characters Archie brings to the screen. But wither way, we're keeping the boots."

=============================================

Archie Panjabi To Leave 'The Good Wife', Headline Pilot For 20th Century Fox TV

by Nellie Andreeva | deadline.com | October 15, 2014

There will be another farewell to a beloved original character on The Good Wife. Emmy winner Archie Panjabi, who has played resourceful investigator Kalinda since the pilot, will be leaving at the end of the season. She is not planning a break from American television though, signing a development/holding deal with 20th Century Fox TVto headline a drama pilot for the studio in the spring for fall 2015 consideration.

Like Josh Charles, who left The Good Wife last season, Panjabi is coming to the end of her current contract, which is up at the end of the season. And like Charles, Panjabi had been thinking about moving on from the show for a while. “Archie is an amazing actress who helped build Kalinda from the ground up as an enigmatic, powerful, and sexy character,” The Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King said in a statement. “It’s been a pleasure to write for her, and we’ll be sad to see her go; but we still have her for the rest of Season 6, so let’s not exhaust our good-byes yet. We look forward to meeting all the wonderful new characters Archie brings to the screen. But either way, we’re keeping the boots.”

Panjabi won an Emmy in 2010 and has earned two more nominations for her role as the provocative Kalinda Sharma. The bi-s*xual character repeatedly pushed the broadcast content envelope. Kalinda has developed a strong following despite the misguided storyline involving her husband, which triggered backlash among fans. After a course correction, Good Wife has been at the top of its game the last two seasons, with Panjabi, along with Emmy-winning Julianna Margulies and Christine Baranski, delivering strong performances in the episodes surrounding the shocking death of Charles’ Will Gardner earlier this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE GOOD WIFE - Another Major Character Is Departing (SPOILER!!!!!!!!)

I haven't watched since Will died..I think this is another nail in the coffin!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

The show is boring now. No more courtroom drama like in the beginning, but more about their lives. Why do these shows leave the original plots ?
Honored Contributor

I'm still shocked Alicia is going to run for States Attorney!

Respected Contributor

This bring out a clear picture and should not be forgotten all things here are in a fleeting state while they are entertaining sometimes can robs us of precious time we have here on earth

I am not talking about just a TV show, but many things which are vital to our lives, and this temporal thing should be recognized for what it is...

So if you feel jerked around by TPTB (networks, politics etc) it is always a good time for a reality check how those thing fits in to your life, in the scheme of things....

So Cheer up don't let fleeting distractions rob you use them as a wake up call, a sobering moment to smell the flowers

Honored Contributor

I will miss her, Kalinda is such a complex character.

Esteemed Contributor

I've only started watching last year and her character seemed to be on so infrequently that I won't notice her missing.
Super Contributor

I saw that yesterday. I don't think I'll miss her character as much as Will's. I think they have a great ensemble of actors and will do okay without her.
Honored Contributor

Politics? Sick of politics, I'll be darned if I watch this new direction. Kalinda gone? Makes my decision even easier.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Javala-la said:

This bring out a clear picture and should not be forgotten all things here are in a fleeting state while they are entertaining sometimes can robs us of precious time we have here on earth

I am not talking about just a TV show, but many things which are vital to our lives, and this temporal thing should be recognized for what it is...

So if you feel jerked around by TPTB (networks, politics etc) it is always a good time for a reality check how those thing fits in to your life, in the scheme of things....

So Cheer up don't let fleeting distractions rob you use them as a wake up call, a sobering moment to smell the flowers

Huh? No....a character leaving a tv show is not a wake-up call to enjoy life. Major tragedies, like 9-11, that was. A tv show is beyond insignificant in daily life.